[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are spooks the same thing as fixed ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: sketchpad[1].jpg (13 KB, 214x283) Image search: [Google]
sketchpad[1].jpg
13 KB, 214x283
Are spooks the same thing as fixed ideas?
>>
>>7419296
Spooks are anything and everything that has ever thought to exist besides pure self-interest.
>>
Not really. Spooks are undead entities that go on living beyond life and living things.
>>
>>7419296

yes. But not all fixed ideas are spooky
>>
>>7419381
Self-interest is also a spook. Any reified concept of the Unique's pursuit of his own is a spook.
>>
>>7419296
>caring about spooks.
>>
>The question humanity has always asked
Are spooks spooks? Serious answer? How does Stirner address that??
>>
>>7419296
I'm looking to get into Stirner. Which of his works are essential reading? I've heard of "The Ego and Its Own," but not much else.
(Yes, I started with the Greeks.)
>>
>>7419670
probably by saying >>7419667
>>
>>7419674
>starting with the greeks
>>
>>7419683
There's absolutely nothing wrong with starting with the Greeks.
The people who don't bother to do it are the ones who aren't serious about studying philosophy.
>>
>>7419683
modern /lit/, everyone
>>
>>7419674
>Which of his works are essential reading?
>I've heard of "The Ego and Its Own,"
You answered your own question
>>
>>7419688
shut up. i am, therefore you are wrong and are also generalizing. the greeks are skipable for a well rounded understanding.
>>
File: Yeah ok buddy.jpg (6 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
Yeah ok buddy.jpg
6 KB, 250x240
>>7419697
>the greeks are skipable for a well rounded understanding
>>
>>7419697
>the greeks are skipable for a well rounded understanding.

>>7419691
>>
>>7419697
You can't be serious. To understand Modern Philosophy you need Kant, and to understand Kant you need Aristotle in fucking spades
>>
>>7419697
2/10
>>
>>7419713
Postmodernism is modern philosophy but postmodernism pretty much BTFOs kant so hes irrelevant.
>>
kek

itt: people are still getting fucked by greeks like they were still little boys
you like it huh
>>
>>7419719
0/10
>>7419723
>>>r/books/
>>
>>7419727
likewise o/10
>>
Fixed Ideas are abstractions that people believe in for one reason or another.

Spooks haunt you when you believe in Fixed Ideas. i.e.

>Believe in sharing everything
>See a slice of cake
>Want to take the slice of cake for yourself
>Spook comes in and haunts you, makes you feel guilty for wanting the slice of cake, forces you to share that cake even if you want it for yourself
>>
Everything is a spook, and therefore nothing is a spook
>>
>>7419296
>>>/his/spook
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.