[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books where the protagonist says, "fuck it" and breaks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: KmfLpkLTycrTToLyhoerP5Mi.jpg (125 KB, 1013x1500) Image search: [Google]
KmfLpkLTycrTToLyhoerP5Mi.jpg
125 KB, 1013x1500
Books where the protagonist says, "fuck it" and breaks the normality of the societal grind to live free? Similar to pic related or something in the vein of Breaking Bad (but with less of an edginess maybe?).

Thanks in advance family
>>
Jumanji the book
>>
>>7419092
The Moon and Sixpence by W. Somerset Maugham
>>
what a faggy post

you could read walt whitman i guess

probably on the road and junky
>>
>>7419092
Everything Hesse wrote, just not as "edgy" for the most part. Though in Narcissus and Goldmund, Goldmund fucks around a bit.
>>
>>7419092
The Dice Man
>>
>>7419092
I was about to recommend you the entirety of the genre of transgressive fiction but you want something not edgy so I'd go with...Into the Wild.
>>
>>7419092
Steppenwolf.
>>
Krakauer is a fucking faggot, so be wary when someone inevitably recommends you Into the Wild.
>>
Into the Wild
>>
>>7419099
Did you just recommend me a 32 page long picture book

>>7419100
Sounds pleasant.

>>7419106
What's faggy is that I've already read your recommendations.

>>7419107
>>7419131
I've only read Siddhartha, so I will check these out for sure. Steppenwolf gets discussed a lot I've noticed.

>>7419110
Well there we go. I knew there was a name for it. I am looking more along the lines of what I described in the OP though, the entire genre covers quite a bit more. Thanks. Haven't read Into the Wild yet either. >>7419144 Why

>>7419108
The synopsis sounds sort of iffy, but the praise for this looks to be high. I might check it out.
>>
Been looking for the same thing OP. The only things I can slightly recommend is

Lolita (basically says fuck it I'm fucking my step daughter on a cross country road trip)

Peace like a river (a family basically drops out of life to follow and find their son/brother who breaks free from jail after he is wrongly convicted for murder)

Catcher in the rye

Again not exactly what you asked for but their semi close enough.

P.s. I think the electric kool aid acid test might be worth the read
>>
>>7419092
Mein Kampf
>>
Vineland
>>
Walden is the philosophy of that.
>>
>>7419287
This
or
>>7419246
This
>>
>>7419193
I would have been at least ambivalent about the subject of the book if Krakauer didn't try to shove his opinions down my throat while waxing romantic about his own adventures, like some sort of old man talking about how he used to be young too for the second half of the book. The story is thought provoking, but holy shit I can't stand the writing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.