[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Educate a /pol/ster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Hello /lit/brarian. I'm looking for a book that will make me want to read more books. Give me the best in your arsenal. I'm a - formerly successful - high school junior that has risen his middle finger to the air ever since browsing /pol/ and taken the depression of realizing how much the world needs a hero and how you can't fill that gap. I was put in to NHS even though I refused to apply. I was the only person in the school who got a perfect score on our math SOL, got 94% math PSAT(old), and I have given up on life's fulfillment to go below my potential. Are there any books to make me care about exceptionalism and the chase of perfection in my life?
>>
Start
With
The
Greeks
>>
> has risen his middle finger to the air ever since browsing /pol/ and taken the depression of realizing how much the world needs a hero and how you can't fill that gap
Life isn't a fucking superhero movie.

Just read anything from the canon desu. Any good piece of lit will train that simplistic worldview out of you.
>>
>>7411130
You should read Chesterton for the opposite reason.
>>
Try Storm of Steel by Ernst Junger; it's a book both /pol/lacks and /lit/terers can enjoy.

Also, The Iliad by Homer, to learn of Arete.

Then also read Confederacy of Dunces, to realise how silly your outlook is
>>
File: 1441490420749.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1441490420749.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>7411130
>I have given up on life's fulfillment to go below my potential.
what the fuck does this even mean?
'potential' doesn't exist anyway
you do it or you don't. simple.

Don't try to convince yourself you're hot shit just because you happened to be do well on stuff that any non-retard can ace.
>>
>>7411130
Either lying or completely deluded. Come back when you grow up.
>>
>>7411136
That probably isn't good advice for a /pol/itician, the Greeks were /pol/ as fuck.
>>
>>7411173
Except kinda homo.
>>
>>7411178
Even their homosexuality and opinions on homosexuality; both positive and negative, perfectly mirror /pol/.
>>
>>7411151
ignatius was right though
>>
>>7411173
The Greeks were barely /pol/ mate, more like /gsg/ blended with /lit/
>>
Imo stick to whatever you're doing before (my best bet is, shitposting on 4chan and playing video games) until you're 21, most probably before that you won't be mature enough to appreciate anything of value.
>>
>>7411187
"I've never read anything by the Greeks, here's my opinion on them" - You
>>
>>7411190
I've read the most of the Greeks you rusty projector. Stop taking jokey conversations so seriously.

You weren't seriously comparing the Greeks to an image board though; were you?
>>
>>7411198
No Anon, I'm comparing people.

You should legitimately feel bad about that strawman.
>>
File: 1441500802359.png (192 KB, 481x347) Image search: [Google]
1441500802359.png
192 KB, 481x347
>>7411202
>You should legitimately feel bad about that strawman.
>that reply
>strawman

"I am an illiterate nigger who parrots words he doesn't know the meaning of"-Anon
>>
>>7411202
/pol/ is a person now?
>>
Thanks for the responses
>>7411153
"you do it or you don't"
capabilities used towards the bettering humankind
do it or you don't. Potential. IDK your definition of the word, but it's astute (though relative)
>>
>>7411211
>>7411202
>>7411198
>>7411190
>>7411187
Wow, you guys are shitting up a thread that has "/pol/" written on the OP.
>>
>>7411221
We're just having some literary banter with some cheeky lads

If that's a problem then there's a site for you that rhymes with reddit and it's called reddit
>>
>>7411223
You call that "banter". I call it "sperging out".
>>
>>7411229
Nice ;)
>>
Honestly, just start with the Greeks.

Its the only way really. If you're coming from /pol/ like I am you'll feel good about yourself.
>>
>>7411221
>>7411223
check 'em
>>
Natural Right and History by Leo Strauss or The Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.