[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get the Kindle for $49 or the Kindle Paperwhite for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Z_B00I15SB16.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Z_B00I15SB16.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
Should I get the Kindle for $49 or the Kindle Paperwhite for $99. The only difference I see is the built-in light. Is it worth it?
Any thoughts on the Kindle in general?
>>
Built in light is worth it. I got fucking tricked.
>>
It's worth it if you read a lot in bed and don't want to have to have a light on
>>
By the way the Kindle Keyboard is great and you can get a used one for $34

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B002Y27P3M
>>
>>7408798
>>7408802
why not have a bedside lamp
>>
>>7408813
My biggest problem is that using a bedside lamp forces me to sit at specific angles to have an adequate amount of light.
>>
File: don'tBePicRelated.jpg (36 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
don'tBePicRelated.jpg
36 KB, 500x334
>>7408730
Paperwhite definitely. I have mine at max light at all times. Plus it's just 40 more dollars. That really isn't very much when you consider how much more convenient it is. You might actually use it.
>>
I bought one no-paperwhite at black friday, it arrived today,

I have to admit, I quite liked it's functionalities, the screen etc. I don't see much use for the light though, specially for double the price.

>reading in the dark
>not pleb
>>
Get a nook
>>
How's the battery life on the paperwhite?
>>
>>7408868
according to google it lasts a couple weeks
>>
Army fag here. I suppose it depends on your lifestyle. For me having the paperwhite is a life saver. I room with other people. When I can't sleep I can keep the lights in the room off and read. When I'm in the field I can read. When I'm on guard duty and it's dark I can read.
>>
File: 1448854389778.png (156 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1448854389778.png
156 KB, 270x270
Use your phone you stupid niggers
>>
>>7408988

maximum pleb
>>
Get a kobo plebs.
>>
How are the kobo or nook any better?
>>
>>7409035
Kobo supports pdfs better and doesn't have ads.
>>
which font do you kindlebros use?
>>
>>7408988
nice. Epic
>>
if you have to ask for reasons why you might use the backlight, you're probably fine with the standard.
>>
>>7408988
Plebian.
>>
>>7409058
I quite like Bookerly, it looks very "friendly"
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.