[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a ban on these books and authors from here on out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1448901543792s.jpg (6 KB, 166x250) Image search: [Google]
1448901543792s.jpg
6 KB, 166x250
Can we have a ban on these books and authors from here on out? We're here to expand our horizons, not wallow in memey shit or talk about books we read in high school

>1984
>Pynchon
>Lolita
>Catcher in the Rye
>Brave New World
>Pynchon
>DFW
>Finnegans Wake
>Pynchon
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
ITT: OP wishes there were more threads about tao lin
>>
>>7406741
Why do you get smug about not wanting to talk about books from high school and the same 3 authors on a goddamn literature board? Pseud detected I guess
>>
>>7406748
WHOAH
>>
>>7406741
>don't talk about anything that isn't on a meme chart curated by autists waaahhh
>>
>>7406748
Because I come here for the juicy memes son and I like my memes repetitive, shitposted, outdated and worn out. I'm a man of taste
>>
File: 1448044699984.png (89 KB, 389x410) Image search: [Google]
1448044699984.png
89 KB, 389x410
>>7406748
Calm down there bud
>>
>>7406727
>memey shit

Your opinion goes straight into the trash.

Seriously, these are great books by great authors and warrant discussion. Just because some people read them for a class doesn't change that.

Take your edginess and meaningless buzzwords elsewhere.
>>
>>7406767
>so that's why 80% of threads should be about these books from high school

Your argument doesn't follow. Maybe you should stick to r/books
>>
>>7406727
nice meme opinion
>>
>>7406773
>8 threads in catalog with subjects from your list
>80%

Yeah nah you're a fag
>>
>>7406791
Muh Pynchon
>>
>>7406798
I've never even read any Pynchon but I'm gonna go download some of his books now just to spite you.

When I finish reading it I'm going to make a new thread too.
>>
>>7406813

>finish reading Pynchon

lol. Everyone knows no one actually reads Pinecone. You're just supposed to like him and call him genius. Oh, and clearly high IQ.
>>
>We're here to expand our horizons

Whenever I open threads for authors no one talks about, it ends with me giving out recommendations to start with said author because no one except me seems to have read them.

It's tough to be a true patrician on /lit/.
>>
>>7406836
He's not even hard, just erudite and prolix.

Man has the subtlety of a rock
>>
I went through the whole ' you gotta read le deep pomo man if you want to read some cuhrazyyy literature' phase in high school, now I gotta wait for all the ex-weebs on /lit/ to get through it and realize you can't buy patricianhood with a meme
>>
>>7406745
made me chuckle
>>
Start reading Kawabata, plebs.
>>
>>7406926
OP here. Already have. Patricianhood confirmed
>>
>>7406920
>I went through the whole 'reading good books' phase in high school

well good, you can leave the board now
>>
>>7406926
>Kawabata
where do I start with him?
>>
>>7406944
Greeks.
>>
>biting the bait
>>
>>7406926
read his entire oeuvre, fuck off. already more patrician than you.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.