[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt we shit up books with valid but retarded interpretations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: 446542.jpg (27 KB, 318x474) Image search: [Google]
446542.jpg
27 KB, 318x474
itt we shit up books with valid but retarded interpretations of them

>molloy is about a zombie
>prove me wrong
>>
>>7404402
That was my take as well.
>>
File: 780px-gravitys_rainbow.png (405 KB, 780x599) Image search: [Google]
780px-gravitys_rainbow.png
405 KB, 780x599
Nothing crazy actually happens, everyone is just PTSD'd out the ass.
>>
File: hesse.jpg (13 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
hesse.jpg
13 KB, 311x475
>the whole magic theatre business was a long metaphor for an aspie's first blowjob
>>
>>7404402

The narrator is actually a talking yellow sponge on the bottom of the sea who lives in a pineapple
>>
lear had mad cow disease
>>
File: 210px-Crying_of_lot_49.jpg (17 KB, 210x321) Image search: [Google]
210px-Crying_of_lot_49.jpg
17 KB, 210x321
The key to the book is Torquato Tasso
>>
billy pilgrim is a talking yellow sponge on the bottom of the sea who lives in a pineapple
>>
>>7404492
This is a blue board where NSFW content is not allowed. Please delete your picture.

Thank you for abiding to 4chan's rules. We hope you have a fun experience posting!
>>
File: 1448837659689.jpg (357 KB, 700x1094) Image search: [Google]
1448837659689.jpg
357 KB, 700x1094
a talking yellow sponge on the bottom of the sea who lives in a pineapple thinks he's a guy who turns into a bug
>>
File: sidd.jpg (64 KB, 286x475) Image search: [Google]
sidd.jpg
64 KB, 286x475
A kid and his poor friend search india for the best high, the poor friend has lower standards and settles for some mid while siddhartha finds a boatman who hooks him up with the dank stuff
>>
Lolita's a book about the innocent nature of pedophilia and why pedophiles should be treated as mentally ill people instead of as criminals
>>
I believe that the point is there weren't any discernable crimes. Kafka intended to show a tyranny of the state and also the corruption of human institutions with an initially pure purpose, not by outside factors but by the people.
>>
Dante was just tripping balls the whole time
>>
>>7404526

I thought Lolita was a pedophile's attempt to convince others that pedophilia was innocent by trying to convince them that he loved Lolita, and how could anyone be against such a deep and profound love, inadvertently proving that pedophiles should be treated as mentally ill people who need to be locked away because they're a danger to others?
>>
>>7404527

What? There were no crimes because the trial is just a metaphor for things that are happening inside his mind. It's himself on trial by himself.
>>
>>7404944
>>7404938
>not reading the op
>getting baited by posts expressly made to be retarded
>>
>>7404950

I thought people were supposed to put what they thought were valid and then discussed.

My bad.
>>
So apparently this whale was a huge douchebag to this one guy who started calling it a penis and it cought on
>>
>>7404402
I feel like I never saw any threads about Beckett's novel trilogy, but now that I'm about to start it I'm seeing them on the regular. How'd you like it?
>>
>>7404402
>prove me wrong
I was gonna say he eats biscuits but, aww, no, that's not him.
>>
>>7404980
it's a lot denser than i expected from having only read waiting for memedot
>>
>>7405048
at some point it seems like he's gonna have bread but he just throws it across the room like an autist

>confirmed zombie
>>
>>7404980
I read Molloy just the last couple weeks, Its a tricky book.

You have to go in to the novel expecting not to be given explanations and to be jumping from scene to scene without any semblance of explanation.

The "comedy" isn't really comedy unless you have a massive vocabulary or if you find the utter absurdity of its structure funny.

Its has impressive prose, and the style is interesting. I liked the 2nd part much better than the first since its slightly more coherent, but the POINT is that its not coherent.

From what i've heard, its a refutation of Cartesian philosophy: a love-letter to the complete uncertainty of everything in existence.
>>
>>7405106
>a love-letter to the complete uncertainty of everything in existence.

that's pretty much all of beckett, but Molloy only kinda scratches that. there's still a body, at least.

wait until you get to the unnameable and company loool
>>
>>7405106
>unless you have a massive vocabulary
U wot? What language did you read it in? The original is almost exclusively basic language and I don't recall the bits of his translation I looked at being too much more abstruse
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.