[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lazy brain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1409218248041.jpg (33 KB, 400x448) Image search: [Google]
1409218248041.jpg
33 KB, 400x448
i cant make my brain work, i sit and read and after 2 lines my brain goes to automated mode and i just scan the words with my eyes and daydream.
how do i make my brain work?
>>
Keep at it
>>
>>7403954

Mindfulness meditation. Proven to reduces mind-wandering and enhance concentration.

http://www.vipassana.com/meditation/mindfulness_in_plain_english.php

Adderall is for idiots. If you need potent psychostimulants to concentrate, you're dumb.
>>
>>7403954
meditate prior to reading
>>
Pleasure comes after pain.

Everyone fucking know this.
>>
File: 14121123347820.jpg (55 KB, 604x404) Image search: [Google]
14121123347820.jpg
55 KB, 604x404
>>7403966
does it work for you? did your brain do this to you too?
>>7403976
ive been doing nothing but reading for the last year and the problem doesnt go away
>>
>>7403982

I was capable of reading more than 2 lines, but I'd get mind-wandering after 20 or so pages and had to take a break.

After meditating regularly, I can easily do 50-100 page sittings.

Try googling NCBI + meditation. There's a whole host of health benefits to meditation, mental and physical. It's not just for improved cognition.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>7403982
>I've had the same emotion 365 days in a row.
>>
File: 1440230509453.png (863 KB, 1161x800) Image search: [Google]
1440230509453.png
863 KB, 1161x800
>>7404292
>inability to concentrate
>=emotion
stfu
>>
>>7404528
look, an android

artificial intelligence is really great
>>
try adderall
>>
>i cant make my body work, i go to the gym and after 20 minutes my muscles start hurting and i just do half of the sets i'm supposed to
>>
>>7405178
>i keep going to the gym and exercise hasn't gotten fun
>>
>>7404020
I'm not OP but my mother has been trying to convince me to take up meditation. I've had problems with procrastination since I was a kid and I used to be able to get away with it because I'm smart and I didn't have to work hard all the way through to the end of high school. But now it's beating me up in university because I don't do the readings and I fall behind in class and being smart isn't enough anymore. Is meditation something that will help with this? I really, really don't want to do adderall, not just because I have no way to obtain it (no friends), but because I don't want to start taking drugs for any reason.
>>
>>7405725
don't do adderall. it's a shit drug, desu and even though it gives you energy and focus, you end up missing a lot of shit when you're on it.

i'm also curious about meditation. I have the same problem.

I've found that getting more exercise helps with my focus.
But really, there's no substitute for discipline. read for 30 minutes a day, everyday, no exceptions. you'll get better. that's how it works.
>>
>>7405733
ive gotten better by forcing myself to read, but it just seems weird it takes so long to adapt to books. if there are any techniques out there it would be helpful.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.