[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna get into Pound, but how? What books must I have and in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: pound.jpg (185 KB, 1440x907) Image search: [Google]
pound.jpg
185 KB, 1440x907
I wanna get into Pound, but how? What books must I have and in what order do I read them?
>>
Don't read that anti-semitic trash
>>
>>7403489
He's antisemitic?
>>
>>7403490
no but you still shouldn't read anti-semitic trash
>>
>>7403497
What do you mean 'no'? Yes he is

>“You let in the Jew and the Jew rotted your empire, and you yourselves out-jewed the Jew”

>“And the big Jew has rotted every nation he has wormed into.”

>“Your infamy is bound up with Judaea. You can not touch a sore or a shame in your empire but you find a Mond, a Sassoon, or a Goldsmid.”

All pound quotes
>>
Well... I want to read his poetry.

How do I get into him? Should I just buy a collection of his writings?
>>
Every Provencal poet
Every Austen Novel
Know a few choice Shakespeare
Memorize Chaucer
14 languages 9 Euro 4 Otherwise
>>
>>7403528

Personae or Selected Poems

If you want to get more into his "mind" The ABC or Reading and his anthology Confucius to Cumming each will give you an insight into his ideas and tastes
>>
so, his cantos would be a bad place to start?
>>
>>7403534
jfc how did the modernists have enough time for anything?
>>
>>7403534

he only advocates knowing like 4 languages other than your own you dolt. Assuming you know English, he asks you to learn French, Latin, Greek, Classical Chinese, and I think the other "optional" ones are Provencal and German.

That's not too much to ask.
>>
>>7403668

they're literally all trust fund babies
>>
>>7403688
good point
>>
File: 187459_021aced4.jpg (77 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
187459_021aced4.jpg
77 KB, 640x479
You have to go here.
>>
>>7403482
The apparition of these faces in the crowd;
Petals on a wet, black bough.

That's his best poem. You're done.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.