[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I genuinely found this novel to be extremely inspiring and original.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 514x831) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 514x831
I genuinely found this novel to be extremely inspiring and original. It really did take into account so much things that I had to be impressed.

Perhaps not /lit/-tier in narrative but what does the average /lit/izen think of Max Brooks?
>>
>>7402226
Dad not much like the statist worship.
>>
I like his zombie books

world war z has some really good/interesting chapters (and some horrible ones)

the survival guide is great in some parts, I especially liked the last chapter with "real" zombie events
>>
>>7402226
I would have liked it if I was younger. It felt pretty adolescent.
>>
He seemed to know less about the world outside of the USA than most /int/ denizens.
The part about the old blind man and the young neet ridding Japan of zombies with samurai swords was particularly cringe worthy.
>>
>>7402475
>>7402439
I'm sure you upstanding young gentlemen only read mature and serious books for mature and serious individuals such as yourselves
>>
I liked it. Kinda gave me the same feeling as day of the triffids.
>>
>>7402515
I feel like the highlight of that book was the hospital scene
>>
read it a few years back and remember enjoying it very much. also read 'diario de un zombie' because i wanted to improve my spanish (and was to lazy to read any 'classics' like 100 aƱos de soledad and such) and it was a pretty enjoyable as well. probably wouldn't enjoy these books all that much today though.
>>
>>7402228
That's the key to its merit, right there. It is often interpreted as a critique of statism.
>>
Best chapter?

My favourite was the woman who parachuted in to the middle of nowhere.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.