[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this series worth checking out? At 4,250 pages its a pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Is this series worth checking out? At 4,250 pages its a pretty large investment.
>>
I read it when I was in highschool.

I greatly enjoyed it, however I have only read it once, which says a lot, considering I have read other sagas I enjoy at least 5 times.

The ending will piss you off.

Go fucking read it.
>>
>>7402016
for you
>>
>>7402016
At least the first two.
>>
>>7402025
>The ending will piss you off.
I actually enjoyed the ending. It was really the only good thing to happen after Wizard and Glass.
>>
I read the series when recommended by a friend a couple years ago. I was just getting into /lit/ at the time so I wasn't as critical as I would have been.
That being said I definitely remember constantly waiting for it to 'get good'. I expected a lot more cowboy badassary and instead got bizarre fetch quests and boring alternate realities.

The first book was best IIRC.
>>
File: 1441247434446.png (323 KB, 1270x1635) Image search: [Google]
1441247434446.png
323 KB, 1270x1635
>>7402030
get the fuck out of here
>>
>>7402061
I was mad. I knew it was really the only way to end it, but still.

Fuckin' furious
>>
if you want to read genre fiction junk this is ok but there are better ways to spend your time.
>>
I liked it a lot up until Song of Susanna, but for the only long series I've ever dedicated to reading I had fun reading it.
If you read the first book and it doesn't grab you then don't bother.
>The Gunslinger is his best book ever imo
>>
It's enjoyable for what it is. Don't be put off by the page length, it's a very easy read (I read The Gunslinger in one sitting over the course of like 2.5 hours (this is the shortest of the bunch though)).

It was a wild ride, but I was but a wee lad of 19 when I read them.

Avoid that new book that came out recently. It's supposed to be fucking awful.
>>
I read the first four books. I really liked it - I've always been really drawn to this genre of wacky mystical post-apocalyptica, and The Dark Tower seems to me the ultimate work in this field that I've found so far.
>>
>>7403302
>muh musty boring female authors
>>
>>7402061
Agreed. In theory it sounds stupid but I think the implications of the Horn save it.

In general the series turns to trash after Wastelands though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.