[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you reading right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: Clementinum_library.jpg (462 KB, 1023x670) Image search: [Google]
Clementinum_library.jpg
462 KB, 1023x670
Why aren't you reading right now?
>>
>>7399316
Why aren't YOU reading right now?
>>
>>7399316
I am reading. I just read
>Why aren't you reading right now?
>>
Socrates won't stop explaining word-names to Hermogenes and I needed a break.
>>
I'm in the shower.
>>
>>7399341
Send noods
>>
>It's a Stephen Dedalus chapter

Dropped (for now).
>>
>>7399376
Fuck off pleb
>>
I'm getting a ride to work

I haven't read in over a month anyway

I don't know why
>>
>>7399316
I'm working, and I can't read anything sustained while working. I can easily read 4chan posts though.
>>
>>7399316
The library is closed
>>
TSM vs Luminosity Semi-Final is on.
>>
got a job a month ago and haven't read since. When I get home I just lurk and listen to music.

Need to change that.
>>
>>7399554
Did you know that you can actually borrow books from the library and bring them home with you?
>>
>>7399647
He might not have a library card.
>>
>>7399634
Schedule your time
>>
Thanks for the reminder OP, went ahead and read 30 more pages of Infinite Jest.
>>
because Jamie Vardy is currently having a party
>>
>>7399333
CHECKED
>>
/lit/ is more of an aesthetic pleasure than any book.
>>
>>7399316

Because I'm driving, and reading while driving would be perilous.
>>
>>7399316
Because I'm lost in a clusterfuckesque loop of euphoric life affirmation into severe emptinessand I just finished a book today which means I can't start the next yet, which makes it even worse

End this please
>>
>>7399316
working.
>>
>>7400379

Why can't you start another book?
>>
I'm trying to catch up on my shitposting
>>
>>7400397
I have never once in my life started another book the same day I finished one.

Unless I maybe did so in the morning and slept meanwhile and it felt like 2 days, but I'm not sure.

It's some minor tier OCD I guess. I have, or more like used to back when I cared about music, a similar thing with being unable to listen to two new albums in a day. There might be some association.
>>
Too busy browsing /pol/ kek.
>>
>>7399316

Is being too drunk to read an acceptable excuse?
>>
>>7400442
>minor

You're autistic m8.
>>
>>7400425

This. My shitposting levels need to be elevated due to my Thanksgiving hiatus.
>>
>>7400571
I actually still believe that it's closer to minor OCD than to any of these internet buzzword disorders t b h f a m, serious autists/aspies have entire canons of these little trite things they can't stand, with books it's kinda understandable. I guess.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.