[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /lit/ think of Death of God theology?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Is_God_Dead.jpg (20 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
Is_God_Dead.jpg
20 KB, 400x527
what does /lit/ think of Death of God theology?
>>
>>7396699
I think it is pitifully misunderstood.
>>
>>7396705
I agree with this.
>>
>>7396699

Is Zeus Dead?
>>
>>7396705
would you mind clarifying? just curious.
>>
>>7396720
Not that anon but in my experience people take it to literally mean that there was a being named "God" who created the world and has now ceased to be

What I think Nietzsche actually meant was that religion as an institution has lost any of its potency and man need look elsewhere for transcendence
>>
>>7396699
God is radio star, we invented video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwuy4hHO3YQ
>>
>>7396720
I am him. What >>7396731 said is, more or less, correct.
>>
>>7396699
man what an edgy cover, black and red.Really trying to get them sales.
>>
"The death of this representational thought contains at the same time the death of the abstraction of the divine essence which is not yet posited as a self. That death is the painful feeling of the unhappy consciousness that God himself has died. This harsh expression is the expression of the inmost simple-knowing-of-oneself, the return of consciousness into the depth of the night of the I = I which no longer distinguishes and knows anything external to it. This feeling thus is in fact the loss of substance and of the substance taking a stance against consciousness."
>>
>>7396731
yup
>>
>>7396731
I think these are the two steps to reaching the "real" interpretation: the idea of authority is irreal and you are and have always been free. The cry that "God is dead" means that all conceptions, rules, forms, etc, are dead matter which the individual has made into a master. In other words: living beings think, but these thoughts are as material as any of the objects you find around you, and so following an idea is as wrongheaded as following a stone.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.