[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Once_future_king_cover.jpg (20 KB, 220x286) Image search: [Google]
Once_future_king_cover.jpg
20 KB, 220x286
Opinions on this?
>>
It's a really comfy and funny retelling of Le morte d'arthur.
>>
Makes me think of Magneto.
>>
>>7394673
Same. Can't think of this book anymore without picturing that.
>>
>>7394428
It's no Age of Scandal
>>
>>7394673
why magneto though?
I'm not into comics.
>>
>>7394925
He reads in xmen2.
>>
One of my fav books, so comfy, even though it gets darker and more tragic with each book
>>
>>7394945
I'm on the start of the book with Lancelot as the protaganist, it got pretty dark with last bit in the book with the reminder that it is a tragedy and it ends in tears for arthur and co.

So, did Arthur fugged Sir.Gawain's mom,Morgause?
>>
Just finished reading it today. I still think it's the greatest book of all time. Pet themes of mine, I admit, but my god. He goes through so many philosophical ideas, and every character is a sophisticated psychological engine. So subtle, and funny, and brutal to read when it gets dark. The candle in the wind is such a potent image.
>>
I prefer Charlotte's Web.
>>
>>7394428
It has a lot of charm and it's quite entertaining, but oh boy, wait till Merlin goes full capitalist mode.
>Hey, Wart, Remember what I said about the importance of uniting the country? Well, a global market without borders it's more important, but make England strong nonetheless, chad. Also, ants are bad cuz communism and this is written in the 40s.
The book is very enjoyable though. I just found the political discussion in the last book shallow, shoehorning with no subtlety or grace White's concerns. I have in mind that the last book was written during WWII, if I remember correctly.
>>
my favorite fucking book as a kid

still think i learn more from it every read through
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.