[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
please help: fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: deedli13[1].jpg (9 KB, 231x180) Image search: [Google]
deedli13[1].jpg
9 KB, 231x180
I want to write a fantasy story.
>fantasy >genre
Why would you pick fantasy? Because it fits your bad and non-existant writing skills
How can I include elves? I'm German btw, should I use Elben or Alben or invent a new word?
>inventing a new word for not-elves
Take you WoW/anime-shit somewhere else.
>clicheed as fuck
It's alrigt to have a fetish for elves. But it would be better for you, if you'd spend more time with real women, instead of dreaming up imaginary women with pointed ears. Go to a bar and just be yourself - it's not that hard.
So, your story is fantasy wish fulfillment with pointed ears? I knew you were a loser all along.
I've got the backstory of the world laid out in my head.
Let me guess... it's not-HRE during the not-middleages?
Science has factual evidence that daydreaming is, in the long run, extremely bad for you. So stop.
But how can I start the story and engage the reader? I don't want to annoy or rush the reader with background info (but I need to somehow, do I?).
>implying you have readers
>implying they will be engaged
>implying they will not be annoyed
>implying anyone would be interested in background info
>implying anyone would be interested in your "story" at all
Thanks /lit/!
4chan is part of the problem.
>being on 4chan when you could hone your writing skills RIGHT NOW you lazy dick
ayyyy
>>
>hurr fantasee need elves durrrrrrr
>hurrrrrr le funnee quirky spoilered text DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Judging by the quality of your op post, you're an annoying autist. Please go back to reddit or /v/ or whatever other shithole you usually visit and give up on writing.
>>
Embarrasing
>>
>>7394400
>I want to write a fantasy story
Don't. Do not ever, ever write anything. Even if your life depends on it, regard the pen as a serpent, for, should one drop of ink bleed into paper, the whole of society will suffer.
>>
I would love to help, kid, but your abuse of the spoiler text really made me lose interest.

Unless, of course, your name is Elliot Harvey. If it is, you need a lot of help and I would like to offer it to you.
>>
>>7394738
What's wrong with fantasy?
>>
ayyy
>>
>>7394793

Don't ask for advice in this warren of pseudo-intellectual reprobates. If you want advice for fantasy, ask /tg/. But there's no way to progress other than reading to prime your imagination and writing to hone your craft.

Inb4 pseudo-intellectuals reply to my post.
>>
>>7394822
You're so pseud it hurts
>>
>>7394822
Damn, son, good counterargument deflection.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.