[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gayfag (who is in closet) here, are they any well written gay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: 22074335.jpg (25 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
22074335.jpg
25 KB, 310x475
Gayfag (who is in closet) here,

are they any well written gay books out there that can melt my heart? It can be a youth book as well, I don't really care. Thank you /lit/
>>
>>7394123
by gay books do you mean books with gay protagonists, or books written by gay authors?
>>
>>7394136
Oh, I mean with gay protagonists.
>>
>>7394123
Read the Bible then choose to live a moral and virtuous life using your strength and spirit to abstain from letting your animal perversion debase you.
>>
While most people here are gay, most of us don't actually read.
>>
Dutch literature has a couple of homosexual writers of quality but I would suggest “Escal-Vigor” by Georges Eekhoud, one of the warmest, most heartbreaking story I know with male homosexual protagonists. Anything written in our era or labelled “gay” is garbage and should be burnt.
>>
Just read a normal book and pretend the love interest is the same sex.

Most gay fiction is total shit not worth reading.
>>
>>7394123
queer
maybe
>>
James Baldwin's gay narratives are heartbreaking. If you're okay with colloquial storytelling, read David Sedaris.
>>
>>7394123
Burroughs
>>
>>7394141
Also the picture of dorian gray, preferably the uncensored version published by Harvard University Press.

Sentimental Education by Flaubert

Cities of the Red Night by Burroughs

Wittengstein's diaries

Walt Whitman

Lincoln biographies
>>
I'd definitely agree with James Baldwin, especially Giovanni's Room. I'd also recommend Confessions of a Mask by Yukio Mishima. I believe some of Mishima's other work is about homosexuality, but thats his only work that I've read.
>>
>>7394123

Check out Derek Jarman's writing. (N-no homo)
>>
>>7394123
http://booklist.rassaku.net/
>>
>>7394195
I guess I should add: This is a review sight I found that reviews books on the quality, rather than how gay the characters are, and I've found a couple good books on here. It's all fantasy/sci-fi, so do with it what you will, but otherwise they seem pretty competent in their reviewing abilities. The blog is dead, but it's still a fair list for you to work though.
>>
>>7394123
Anything written nowadays? No. I think homosexual relations are complicated when they aren't tied to the modern industrial lifestyle that revolves around sex for recreation.
>>
>>7394123
seconding any recs on Burroughs if you're trying to get lewdhard, or Mishima on Confessions of a Mask for some of feels on top of aesthetics.
Before you start acting like a full-blown degenerate, though, remember the wise words of Yamamoto Tsunetomo:
>Ihara Saikaku has written a famous line that goes, "An adolescent without an older [male] lover is the same as a woman with no husband." But this sort of person is ridiculous. A young man should test an older man for at least five years, and if he is assured of that person's intentions, then he too should request the relationship.

>>7394201
>sight
Are you a native english speaker? (no gibe, just curious as to who tends to do what kind of typo
>>
>>7394230
>Are you a native English speaker?
Yeah, but I've been living in Germany for the last 10 years. I have some issues mixing up and forgetting words. Never happened before I learned German, but I think it might be because German is a lot more phonetic than English. As in, the words are written almost exclusively how they're spoken. But I really don't know.
>>
>>7394123
If you kill yourself, you'll improve the world
>>
>>7394258
how about you just fuck off?
>>
>>7394245
I think I've caught myself going for that one on the very same word a couple times, but French is my first language and it's probably much worse than English when it comes to not being written the way it sounds. I guess this is just a common phonetic slide
>>
>>7394369
No. French is highly regular, something like 5% of its vocabulary doesn't follow a regular phonetic pattern while 47% of English lexicon is and has less phonemes and hundreds of less graphemes than English.
>>
>>7394123
Hemingway.
>>
>>7394446
Right, I was thinking unintuitive wrt individual letters more than irregular wrt phonemes, what with all the silent letters.
>>
>>7394536
There aren't that much silent letters once you get rid of the morphologically justified ones. The rest is also quite regular and follow comprehensible etymological patterns; “cs” gave a silent “x” (dulc's, “doux”, pacs, “paix”, nucs, “noix”, crucs, “croix”, …), “ts” gave a silent “z” in verbs (amatis became amat's, “aimez”) and so on. Historical grammar is a great subject to study and actually explain a lot about what seems arbitrary or random in French.
>>
Death in Venice.
>>
>>7395120

More like Dearth of Penis, amirite?
>>
>>7395156
Dearth?
>>
>>7396075
Bendis?
>>
File: 1437256388137.jpg (71 KB, 502x733) Image search: [Google]
1437256388137.jpg
71 KB, 502x733
start with Nietzsche
>>
File: Gaaaaaaaaayyyy.png (81 KB, 339x337) Image search: [Google]
Gaaaaaaaaayyyy.png
81 KB, 339x337
Was going to start my own thread, but figured anyone on /lit/ who could help me would probably already be in here.

I want to buy a gay Kama Sutra for my boyfriend for Christmas - anyone know of a good one? I've read reviews on Colin Spencer's, but I'd appreciate any input. Any with gorgeous photography would be a plus.
>>
>>7394123
The Confusions of Young Master Torless by Robert Musil. About homosexual sadomasochism at a military boarding school in Austria around the turn of the century.
>>
File: 71w9BUZKkgL.jpg (224 KB, 893x1360) Image search: [Google]
71w9BUZKkgL.jpg
224 KB, 893x1360
>>
While were in the subject of gayfaggotry, what religion will let me suck the dick?
>>
>>7396959
How old are you?
>>
>>7396976
....I actually just turned 18
>>
>>7396959

Atheism.
>>
now and then by william corlett
>>
>>7394123
Ink, and Velum by Hal Duncan are heavily into homolove an homosex.

Not part of the gay culture though
>>
File: 51S0HcQxztL._UY250_.jpg (18 KB, 158x250) Image search: [Google]
51S0HcQxztL._UY250_.jpg
18 KB, 158x250
If you like Ancient Greece, read Mary Renault. The Last of the Wine was really good.
>>
>>7394123
In Justine or the Misfortunes of Virtue the son of the rich lady is gay and has gay sex.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.