[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some philosophies or texts that help with fear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 640x640
what are some philosophies or texts that help with fear?
>>
That depends on what you are afraid of.
>>
>>7392828
start with the greeks
>>
>>7392828
Fear and Trembling :^)
>>
File: bardo2_0.jpg (79 KB, 668x1024) Image search: [Google]
bardo2_0.jpg
79 KB, 668x1024
>>7392828
If you want to understand the neurological basis of fear read a psych undergrad textbook

If you want a book to help you get past fear then youre wasting your time

'Just do it' is the best philosophy you'll get
>>
>>7393027
vomiting
>>
Consolation of Philosophy - Boethius
In the Buddha's Words - Trans. Bhikku Boddhi
Storm of Steel - Ernst Junger
>>
The KJV Bible & Dune is all you need brother.
>>
>>7393274
fear is le mind killer
>>
File: 7fUN6Hw.jpg (465 KB, 2187x3000) Image search: [Google]
7fUN6Hw.jpg
465 KB, 2187x3000
>>
>>7393274
>Worship the Lord God Almighty with all your heart and soul or burn in hell for eternity.
Yeah I'll stick to tipping my fedora.
>>
>>7393711
I HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG every time.
>>
>>7392828
Pagan texts. Have a line from the Havamal:

>Cattle die
>Kinsmen die
>You too soon will die
>But I know one thing that never dies
>Judgement of a dead man's life

Plenty of stuff in there and the eddas that will make you absolutely not fear death. If you can get over death, you pretty much stop giving a shit about every other uncertainty.
>>
>>7393780
>my life and accomplishments or lack thereof will be judged for all eternity

Oh gee thanks ancient barbarian man, that sure made me feel better
>>
>>7392828
That's a pretty ugly face
But amazing beasts
I hope her nipples aren't too big
>>
>>7393824
>That's a pretty ugly face
>I hope her nipples aren't too big
get a load of this fag
>>
>>7393811
Well if you become fearless through apathy (nihilism) you'll lose your drive and become depressed. It's about getting over fear of death, if you do that you wont fear bigger people or social situations or anythinf. What better way than to know that death comes to all and is inevitable, but what matters is the life you've lived so don't waste it. If everything is as it should be in your life, then why should you fear death? I don't mean you have to be successful, so long as you are humble and you've not committed evil acts, then be at peace.
>>
Stoicism.

Start with Seneca. Read all his letters and essays. (https://sites.google.com/site/thestoiclife/the_teachers/seneca)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.