[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help with Sherlock Holmes character traits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image_1.jpg (36 KB, 286x429) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
36 KB, 286x429
Hi /lit/, fa/tg/uy here. Developing a character who's basically sherlock holmes for a cthulu - style game, and having trouble picking traits. Basically I need to know what quirks/personality traits are most important to replicate in my character to be truest to him. So, if we list all of his traits, e.g. plays violin to help him think, knowledgeable in the occult, chemistry, tobacco, footprints, toxicology, manic-depressive, self-medicates with cocaine, poor social interaction, etc. and then picked 5 good traits and 5 bad traits to best represent him, what would you say they are?
>>
>>7392034
We can all agree that from a literary standpoint the symposium is far and away Plato's best, right?
>>
>>7392034
>>>/his/
>>
Head over to the /youngadult/ board.
>>
Intelligent, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7392034
Here's a cool idea: come up with your own character--be original.
>>
>>7392090
Even Sherlock was based on a real surgeon Doyle had worked for.
>>
>>7392054
I'm partial to Apology, since Plato's accounts of Socrates always contain glaring argument flaws, and in Apology Plato has no choice but to acknowledge that a jury wasn't taken in by the usual intellectual hucksterism.
>>
>>7392054
Aristophanes' speech in Symposium is shit. How he has endured this long in the western canon is a testament to how terrible the majority of professors' sense of humor is.
>>
>>7392103
Holmes was blatantly ripped off from Poe's C. Auguste Dupin character.

I love Holmes, but it really is an obvious bite.
>>
>>7392034
Childhood is when yo idolize Holmes, adulthood is when you realize Von Bork makes more sense.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.