[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>considers himself patrician >doesn't even speak fluent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1447770125670.jpg (209 KB, 862x2184) Image search: [Google]
1447770125670.jpg
209 KB, 862x2184
>considers himself patrician
>doesn't even speak fluent French
>>
File: NewEngland.gif (3 MB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
NewEngland.gif
3 MB, 186x186
>he polluted his knowledge of English, the logical conclusion to language, with some disgusting Continental babble
>>
>learn French
>cultivate beautiful enunciated Parisian accent
>love reading aloud or subvocalising while reading texts because the language is so beautiful
>finally meet actual Frenchmen
>all sound like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3sOlpoQYNo
>>
pas du tout, on a une langue moche et moribonde.
>>
the french speak arabic now, much like the rest of europstan
>>
>>7391768
>>cultivate beautiful enunciated Parisian accent

va te faire enculer plebe
>>
I speak spanish perfectly, french fluently, mediocre but fully functional english and poor portuguese.
i also speak pretty well galician, but it's fucking useless.
>>
French is gay. I learned German instead.
>>
>>7391910
>galician
Cool. How did that happen?
>>
>>7391975
he's from one of those parts of spain. you can tell by the languages he speaks. also because of his sentence structure.
>>
>>7391985
>>7391975
I lived there for a couple of years, the best thing about galician is that its very easy to learn if you speak spanish and it really help to improve your portuguese for free!
>>
>>7391768
>cultivate beautiful enunciated Parisian accent

You don't know much about French in fact, do you?
>>
>>7391753
You can't really apply the patrician label to anyone who doesn't speak at least one dead language
>>
>>7392155
According to a philosophy thread I saw earlier I am using a dead language presently.
How to type this message in "code"?
>>
>>7391768
>not listening to serbs rap about tracksuits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9CGmauvENk
>>
>French

Will be a dead language sooner rather than later. English is the ultimate conclusion to all language. Other languages service no purpose other than as an extracurricular.
>>
>>7392244
According to a 2008 study, there will be more than 700,000,000 French speakers in 2050 (now 274,000,000), who will make up 8% of the population (now 3%). 85% of this population will be in Africa. French will be a dead language way, way later.

>other languages service no purpose other than as an extracurricular
>language
>needs a purpose to exist
>>
"Before their displacement from nature, baffled by the grandeur of their own culture which they could not define, and so believed did not exist, these transatlantic visitors had learned to admire in this neatly parceled definition of civilization the tyrannous pretension of many founded upon the rebellious efforts of a few, the ostentation of thousands presumed upon the strength of a dozen who had from time to time risen against this vain complacence with the past to which they were soon to contribute, giving, with their harried deaths, grounds for vanity of language, which they had perfected; supercilious posturing of intellect, which they had suffered to understand and deliver, in defiance; insolent arbitration of taste, grown from the efforts of those condemned as having none; contempt for others flourishing from seedlings which they had planted in the rain of contempt for themselves; dogmata of excellence founded upon insulting challenges wrought in impossible hope, and then grasped, for granted, from their hands fallen clenching it as dogma."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.