[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good (and serious) books about multiculturalism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: equality-hand-prints.jpg (55 KB, 361x332) Image search: [Google]
equality-hand-prints.jpg
55 KB, 361x332
What are some good (and serious) books about multiculturalism?
I want to learn about its concept, implications, roots, pros and cons, etc. from a serious perspective.
I feel that the topic is now hotter than ever, and I'm tired of all those deliberately misguiding opinions from people who don't know shit about politics, law, economics or philosophy.

Please, don't send me to /pol/. I don't want a "it was deh joos" thread. If I wanted a racism vs SJW, I wouldn't have posted here.
>>
The Perils of Diversity - Byron Roth
>>
"the penis of diverse city", by Ron Roth
>>
>>7390386

Multiculturalism is a buzzword and generally good works don't get based around buzzwords.
>>
Probably MLK or something. We don't really have a 'multicultural' society, no matter how many /pol/ .jpgs say otherwise. Regardless of how many refugees flood into Europe, they're not going to be living in the same places that Europeans are, merely adjacent. I expect to see riots in Syrian ghettos within the next 20 or so years.
By the way, the movie 'La Haine' does a really good job depicting the state of non-Europeans in Europe.
>>
>>7390500
OK, let's take that it is just a buzzword, but it still has some concepts and theories behind, doesn't it?
Besides, I'm using the "buzzword" just because I'm witing in English; "multiculturalism" as term is not so explicitly used in my mother tongue, but the issues we discuss are quite the same: equality, tolerance, suppression of borders, etc.

>>7390482
I'll check it. Thanks. I assume that the author is not so kind towards the whole idea of "diversity"?

>>7390503
You somehow mentioned one of the issues discussed regarding this topic: integration; the fact that immigrants, etc. live in a merely adjacent place, as you described it, with the formation of ghettos and such.
If I remember correctly, I have La Haine somewhere at home. I'll watch it this weekend. Not /lit/ but seems promising.

I know it's a broad and diffuse topic, but some people must have written about it. For instance, I refuse to believe that nobody approached an economic analysis of it, ethical inquiries or have proposed passing new bills in order to, for instance, protect minorities that "recently arrived". I just don't want /pol/ shit charts or youtube stuff.
>>
Cosmopolitanism by Kwame Anthony Appiah
>>
Diversity: The Invention of a Concept - Peter Wood
>>
>>7390615
>>7390771
I'll look for them. Thanks.
>>
The Camp of the Saints.
>>
>>7390386
History of the decline and fall of the Roman Empire
>>
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.