[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I doing wrong ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: 1443724958001.png (34 KB, 809x808) Image search: [Google]
1443724958001.png
34 KB, 809x808
So I've taken the habits of reading books on the subway for the last months or so and displaying them very high in front of my face so that everybody can see the cover clearly and engage conversation about it, also I read one book a week so this should maximize the odds that I meet people with common taste, and yet still no literary gf. What is likely to be my mistake there ? Also do note that the subway I take only travels through p patrician districts.
>>
File: 1429585686489.jpg (24 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
1429585686489.jpg
24 KB, 275x275
>>7386673
I TOLD YOU
IT DOESN'T WORK WITH A KINDLE
>>
>>7386673
>What am I doing wrong ?
The space before the question mark. Also you're ugly.
>>
File: OhMyGod.jpg (13 KB, 214x174) Image search: [Google]
OhMyGod.jpg
13 KB, 214x174
>>7386673
>I'm being super autistic all the time
>what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>7386692
>The space before the question mark

That's the correct way of writing where I am (not in burgerland t b h)

>Also you're ugly

b-but muh looks don't matters grills prefer brainz

>>7386690
I only read paper books
>>
>>7386673
lmao fucking pathetic
also this >>7386692
>>
>>7386697
plenty of people read in cmmute
>>
Number one, you have to be attractive for this gambit to work.

Number two, a girl isn't going to approach you just because you're reading a book, even if you are attractive. The gambit is that you get her attention with how "oh so literary" you are and you catch her making eyes at you or something. You still have to do the talking.

Number three, you're fucking autistic.
>>
>>7386710
the autistic part isn't reading, it's the "displaying them very high in front of my face so that everybody can see the cover clearly and engage conversation about it"
>>
Read books for the sake of reading the books, not to impress anyone.
Stop being so autistic.
>>
>>7386673
Nobody gives a flying fuck what you're reading.

If you ever do land a girlfriend, it won't be based on the bullshit you're reading. It will be based off your looks, income, activities, personality, etc.
>>
>>7386673

Even if you're attractive and I see you doing that, I would just giggle so hard. However, don't worry, OP, there will be another autistic girl for you.
>>
>replying to bait
>>
>>7386701
>b-but muh looks don't matters grills prefer brainz

Okay, you're baiting. Well done, you fooled me.
>>
>>7386748
That is clearly a joke though. Merely exaggeration. Autism inspection is coming up soon anon, get your shit together.
>>
>>7386775
/thread
>>
>>7386777
is it a joke? reading in the subway for any other reason than wanting to read is autistic. regardless of how conspicuous he is about his autism.
>>
>>7386752
>>7386791
I do read because I like books, getting a nice, qt pie gf would definitely be a nice bonus though.
>>
>>7386808
too bad you're autistic then
>>
Where the cute autistic girls at?
>>
>>7386823
everywhere but they're fat so you can't see them
>>
>>7386673
If you haven't been captured "reading" on hotdudesreading instagram, then it's safe to say you're hideous.
>>
>>7386844
Isn't that only popular in the US though ? I don't think there's such superficial things in my country (europoor t b h)
>>
>>7386914
are you from France?
>>
>>7386972
How did you guess ?
>>
>>7386972
because of the space before the question mark
>>
>>7387154
I thought lots of countries that aren't English speaking did that
>>
>>7387154
meant to >>7387138
>>
>>7387156
oh well i don't know i just talk with french people and they write like that and also use ''^^'' a lot
>>
>>7387182
>^^

the classic double hats
it's weird of how these should be universal but even if they aren't part of a real language they'll still be more in use in certain countries
>>
You do realize that by switching books you diminish your chances? Always read the same book so you have one constant (the fucking book) and one unknown variable (tfwnogf).
>>
>>7386673
Try going up to someone and saying hello. Don't stare at their lips, or at your shoes. Remember to blink, avoid an erection if possible, and don't forget to swing your arms as you walk.

As to why you haven't had much success in the past, consider this: it may have something to do with the fact that you've been holding a book in front of your face, which is the body language equivalent of hanging a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door.
>>
>>7386758
The hard truth
>>
>>7386673
Try talking to yourself out loud as you read. Sneer things like "you would think that" or "figures".
>>
>>7387403
This. Their panties will be dripping.
>>
File: groundhogDEAN.gif (289 KB, 300x176) Image search: [Google]
groundhogDEAN.gif
289 KB, 300x176
>>7387403
>realizing I just said, "nooohmygod, don't do that, you fucking idiot." out loud on the train.
>>
>>7386673
Wait, are you serious?
>>
>>7386673
If you meet anyone who goes "Hey, that person is focused intently on something. I'm going to wade through this crowded space to make it about me now."
You've met someone even worse than you.
>>
>>7387299
This doesn't make any sense. If only fresh, non-repeated people ever see him then in any case they're only ever seeing him with one book. If there are any repeats then he's maximizing his chances by constantly switching books.

Why would one book ever be better?
>>
To all the 'stop being autistic' replies: autism isn't a choice it's a condition.
>>
>>7386673

You deserve to be alone, lonely and miserable.
You are pathetic.
>>
>>7386701
do you prefer brainz?
>>
>>7388010
This.
>>
>>7387138
Parisien ? tu fais quoi dans la vie champion ?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17 KB, 560x560
>>7386825
>They're fat so you can't see them
>>
>>7387299
>reread the same book everyday, in order to get a gf.
Then he'd really look autistic.
>>
>>7387403
This works, I've done it before.
>>
>>7386729
>Number two, a girl isn't going to approach you just because you're reading a book, even if you are attractive. The gambit is that you get her attention with how "oh so literary" you are and you catch her making eyes at you or something. You still have to do the talking.

This.

The only women who've ever actually made a move on me were older (30+) and frankly a little bit mental.
>>
>>7387403
Jesus christ.
>>
Fill the void with books, much easier. Also stop being autistic.
>>
>>7389720
je lis des bouquins pardi gros
>>
i've only ever once been approached while reading, but by a fat girl who just nervously shuffled away after asking what i was reading
>>
>>7386673
Stop being so intent on "literary" everything you spook fuck.
Be happy in understanding normal people are wonderful and full of just as complex lives as the "literary"(when do you see somebody write about a literary person other than in satire?). Also literariness is something you specifically should avoid, because most people trying to give off that impression are vapid and are not much better than the normal, all-consuming, image pursuing person you see every day (deep down they're on the same level).
Read more for the sake of understanding and you won't have this horrible neurosis.
>>
File: ignatious j reilly.jpg (117 KB, 599x900) Image search: [Google]
ignatious j reilly.jpg
117 KB, 599x900
>>7387403
Listen to this, OP. Everyone will be impressed the massive intellect of such a man! You'll be crawling in real women who prefer gentlemen instead of boys!
>>
try writing in public. im an unattractive permavirign but once i was sitting in the park writing a novel i was working on at the time and a surprisingly cute girl sat next to me and asked what i was writing, and we talked for a while. i think she even was sending hints that she wanted to fuck but i was too much of a beta to capitalize on it.
>>
>>7387182
>>7387196
I think because it's so thin males in other countries wouldn't want to use it. Also looks inherently... self-deprecating, like an evasive apology
>>
>>7394274
She was just having a laugh.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.