[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I said I just put this down and feel like it is the best book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: barthelme.jpg (14 KB, 179x276) Image search: [Google]
barthelme.jpg
14 KB, 179x276
If I said I just put this down and feel like it is the best book I have ever read, what would you say?

Where does one go from here? I've always mostly read short stories, but I feel like my standards are going to have to be a lot higher until I recover from this book.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>7386070
Donald Barthelme - 40 stories
>>
>>7386233
t-thanks...

Any other authors I should pursue?
>>
>>7386070
does this book include "The School" by chance?
>>
his brother Fredrick writes some of my favorite fiction. very funny, weird, and sad.

Two Against One (third person novel)
Tracer (first person novella)
Moon Deluxe (stories)
>>
>>7386494
>Two Against One
It does!
>>7386553
Thank you for this post. I've added all three to my cart for a book purchase I'm working on.
>>
>>7386579
not sure why that green text was there oops.
>>
>>7386070
You may be averse due to all the memes but Wallace always claimed Barthelme to be one of his biggest influences and he has three books of short stories.
>>
>>7386070
>If I said I just put this down and feel like it is the best book I have ever read, what would you say?

good for you

you like a good writer
>>
Do Sixty Stories and Forty Stories have some shared stories? Confusing....
>>
>>7387169
OP here, I just read over the story list for fourty and don't recognize any titles. If there is overlap it's minor. These aren't traditional stories anyway, and really there's no harm in reading any of them twice if that does happen. You'll be happy with sixty if you read it and I hope fourty is as good.
>>
>>7387139
I read Brief Interviews some time a few years ago and didn't latch on. He felt kind of hollow for some reason. I still have the book though, and I'll attempt to revisit it based on this post, just in case.
>>
>>7387204
Thanks m8. This sounds good indeed.
>>
>>7387207
Fuck that garbage. Read oblivion.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.