[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The guy could have said the same thing in half the pages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Crimeandpunishmentcover.png (435 KB, 417x640) Image search: [Google]
Crimeandpunishmentcover.png
435 KB, 417x640
The guy could have said the same thing in half the pages
>>
>>7385631
spends the entire first half lying in bed, almost gave up on anything actually happening.
>>
>>7385631
Are you seriously this retarded?
>>
>>7385678
>spends the entire first half lying in bed
Did you even read the book?
>>
ghastly rigmarole
>>
But he didn't and here's the beauty of writing/art.
>>
and he'd of been paid half

give him a break
>>
>>7385678
Fevered monologues, murdering the old lady, more fevered monologues, interactions with characters. I'd say that counts as things happening. With that said I'm not a C&P defender, I do believe It's essential in the canon of Russian literature but as a reading experience it can be a little jarring if you're an anxious/paranoid person.
>>
>>7386411
>murdering the old lady
Spoilering this is like spoilering the end of Romeo and Juliet.
>>
>>7385631
The wikipedia page does it in eight paragraphs. What's your point?
>>
>>7386452
I'm still reading the Greeks so no Shakespeare spoilers please
>>
I think if it was shorter then it'd be less painful for the reader and existentialists make it their job to convince everyone that everything is as unpleasant as possible
>>
File: 1426618277932.jpg (50 KB, 350x490) Image search: [Google]
1426618277932.jpg
50 KB, 350x490
>>7386478
>finds dusty painful
>>
>>7386477
kek
>>
>>7386477
If a character's name is the title of the play, that character dies.
>>
>>7386524
If the character is in the play (tragedy), he likely dies
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.