[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit/. I am looking for a book like pic related. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (21 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
21 KB, 300x224
Hi /lit/.
I am looking for a book like pic related. It's basically a movie about not being happy with yourself. It has a little bit of fantasy and irony in the way the theme is developed.
Also general recommendations thread.
>>
>>7384630
Kafka in general
Notes from Underground
>>
File: John-Malkovich-Esquire-QA-43[1].jpg (153 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
John-Malkovich-Esquire-QA-43[1].jpg
153 KB, 1080x810
>>7384630
>malkovich malkovich
Malkovich malkovich malkovich malkovich, mmm
>>
>>7384630
I don't understand why so many people come here saying "I like x movie. What books are like x movie."
Someone please explain this to me.
>>
>>7384659
Malkovich malkovich malkovich malkovich?
>>
>>7384659
"Hi, I come from a different board and one of the most useful parts of this image board is that there are different sections for different interests. but because I never really got into the topic of this board in my youth I am very unaware of how to judge the content or experience it for myself, I would like a reference point to this other form of media/activity that is similar to a known media/activity. Could you help me with that?"
>>
>>7384673
>Malkovich
>>
>>7384630
12 years a slav
>>
>>7384659
Have you ever felt that futile enlightment that a movie can give you? Have you ever read a book which has influenced you in such a way that you will never be the same again? If you know what I'm talking about, then you won't have any trouble understanding why would anyone want the same deepness of feelings from movies in the deepness of thought amd prose from books.
>>
>>7384630
A Scanner Darkly by PKD is great, if you haven;t read that, semi-related because it revolves around identity crisis.
>>
>>7384663
uh-uh-uh GET OUT OF MY HEAD
>>7384673
>>7384760
That makes sense, I guess. But I feel like people just try to move to literature for some sense of pride or superiority over others.
>>
>>7384638
>>7384688
>>7384917
Thank you very much. I will check them out.
>>
>>7385901
try Zeno's Conscience by Italo Svevo

he's very witty and in the book he psychoanalyzes his life. It's pretty cool
>>
>>7384917
Flow My Tears is a better PKD book for identity crisis
>>
>>7386274
Can you elaborate ?
>>
>>7384638
Well Notes from Underground is nowhere near as bizarre, Being John Malkovich is about going through a door and literally crawling into the head of John Malkovich
>>
>>7386361
It's literally about a guy who loses his identity lol
He was a famous talk show host and then he becomes a nobody.
Kind of.
>>
>>7386371
and how is it better for identity crisis than A Scanner Drakly?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.