[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CLASSICISTS BTFO http://www.buzzfeed.com/hciclassics /taylo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ovid sucks.png (329 KB, 723x698) Image search: [Google]
ovid sucks.png
329 KB, 723x698
CLASSICISTS BTFO

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hciclassics/taylor-swift-or-roman-love-poetry-1b1h4?fb_ref=mobile_share
>>
translation et cetera
>>
I will not be clicking on a buzzfeed article tyvm
>>
Saged.
>>
>>7382440
>if you change a few things

ever noticed that if you take the word "newspaper", switch the first p with a c and the second p with a t and get rid of the other letters, it looks the same as the word "cat"? mind=blown
>>
These quotes are in no way similar. Her shit is boring tripe about "being beautiful on the inside." And this translation of Ovid is fucking terrible, it sounds like some Twilight shit.
>>
>>7382453
https://archive.is/V125F
>>
File: 1422726560565.png (600 KB, 960x718) Image search: [Google]
1422726560565.png
600 KB, 960x718
>>7382440
Thanks to my extensive and intimate knowledge of Tay-Tay's ouvre, I was able to identify all of her verse with ease and without error.
>>
>>7382761
>between us. between Germans and Jews

How does this sentence makes sense?
>>
>>7382440
Yes. Look for the one that's in latin.
>>
>>7382781
Because that period you have there should be a comma
>>
>>7382785
Shit, but besides that. Non-native English speaker here.
>>
>>7382804
He says the struggle is between us, then he indicates who he meens by us. Him being German, them being Jews.
>>
>>7382810
Wouldn't it be better like this:
>between us, Germans, and Jews

That second 'between' sounds repetitive.
>>
>>7382816
Both would work. It is repetitive but not wrong. Could be for style. If it's a real quote it's probably translated from German anyways.
>>
> Buzzfeed

Fuck Anglo culture.

It's not bad enough that they're reading Ovid in translation...
>>
>>7382761
Does Taylor Swift know you took her statement out of context?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.