[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you guys recommend me some books about health, fitness, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: heavy-lifting.png (206 KB, 1182x1127) Image search: [Google]
heavy-lifting.png
206 KB, 1182x1127
Can you guys recommend me some books about health, fitness, and the general well-being of the human body?

Thank you.
>>
>>7381651

Fitness, like human endeavor in general, is pointless vanity since everyone has at most a few decades of life, followed by death. We are no different than mayflies, where it counts.

But OP, if you would like to maximize your mayfly-existence in this way, /fit/ is the better board to ask. They even have a sticky that they demand Everyone Fucking Read before they ask any questions!
>>
>>7381680
You sound like you're a lot of fun at parties. What a sorry cunt.
>>
>>7381651
start with the greeks
>>
>>7381651
Sticky on /fit/. If you want science textbooks, sticky on /sci/.
>>
>>7381651

I have some books specifically about long distance running and endurance training as it pertains to long distance running, but they are rather technical and it doesn't sound like what you're looking for to be honest family.

I'll give you a bump though, if only to counteract the high functioning autism going on itt.
>>
>>7381651
https://4ch.be/lit/thread/7375563/#7375649
>>
File: 1444787275979.jpg (60 KB, 600x955) Image search: [Google]
1444787275979.jpg
60 KB, 600x955
>>7381651
/fit/ is all you need.
My life: /fit/ + /lit/

Keep in mind that being a /fit/ regular will expose you to similarly minded people and the motivation to keep you on track; exactly the same way that /lit/ hopefully encourages you to read more high quality literature.
>>
>>7381651
Starting Strength third edition
Practical programming latest edition

>Fitness, like human endeavor in general, is pointless vanity since everyone has at most a few decades of life, followed by death. We are no different than mayflies, where it counts.
Imagine passing ones youth up without seeing what ones body can do physically. You are like a flower that didn't bloom and become as beautiful and strong as it could have before it faded.
>>
>>7381837
>Imagine passing ones youth up without seeing what ones body can do physically. You are like a flower that didn't bloom and become as beautiful and strong as it could have before it faded.

Absolutely beautiful.

Thank you for this.
>>
>>7381798
Would love to know the books you're talking about. I want to run marathons one day.
>>
>>7381844

The second edition of Daniels' Running Formula. It's great for most racing distances and the required training, plus it covers the a lot of the scientific methodologies behind your training as well. It's a pretty great book. I think there's a third edition now, but I haven't read it.

Another on is The Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing.
>>
>>7381751
I'd consider him a realist, but in philosophical terms he's what's called a pessimist. Which does mean he's bad at parties.
>>
>>7381651
>The Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet

Super solid book explaining what you should eat with a million citations to back it up. Definitely not the last word when it comes to dieting but a fantastic entry point.

Also
>>7381680
Having suffered from a chronic condition for most of my life, I can tell you the difference between good and bad health is immeasurable. Trying to live a healthy lifestyle is probably one of the few universal pieces of advice applicable to everyone.

>>7381837
This
>>
>>7381651

Ask /fit/. The board which is literally dedicated to this one, specific subject.

>>7381680
Just because we're all going to die doesn't mean a significantly longer life is without worth. And being healthy makes you feel wonderful, something you will greatly appreciate in old age. There is no sensible point in ignoring your one's health, your attitude towards it is moronic.
>>
>>7381680
>nothing matters vs nothing matters.jpg
Better to die hot and fast, than cold and slow
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 600x306
>>7381651
>tfw you define masculinity for so long that it's imprinted in the subconscious of a whole world hemisphere

Start with the Greeks
>>
Sun and Steel - Yukio Mishima
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.