[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I just had a fantastic idea for a book. There are some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Cormac McCarthy.jpg (21 KB, 372x192) Image search: [Google]
Cormac McCarthy.jpg
21 KB, 372x192
Guys I just had a fantastic idea for a book.

There are some dudes who are going for a long ass journey through the American South. Most of the time nothing really happens, and I'll just write some long passages about the landscape, but that'll be punctuated with really intense, brief violence.

That's not even the best part. I'm thinkin about having some sort of enigmatic antagonist who's less like an actual person but more just like a force of nature.

Think anyone would read something like this?
>>
>Guys I just had a fantastic idea for a book.
>posts it publicly on 4chan
>>
File: 1447907397130.png (189 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
1447907397130.png
189 KB, 398x307
>>7381402
>not getting it
>>
throw in some bears and i'll read it
>>
>>7381402
i don't read, i just shitpost on /lit/: the post
>>
>>7381399
>skimming the memes and not even reading the books

Embarrassing.
>>
sounds good desu
>>
OP sounds like some kind of pseudo-libertarian who wishes he was Faulkner
>>
>>7381566
What? Someone else could easily take the idea and run with it. It's quite hard to prove in the future this post was made by OP, especially with the volatility of the est. of 4chan archives.

In the creative endeavors and common sense, it's a fact that you shouldn't tell your ideas you plan on doing something with to people who also want to do what you're doing in your field without any documented proof that it IS your idea. OP could have done this, but, telling by his post this is a new idea, and not really thought through very much.
>>
>>7381589
it's The Road you fucking retard
>>
>>7381589
ayy lmao

I didn't even notice the photo.

I havent read any of McCarthy's works besides The Road, which was in high school and I didn't even read it well, have forgotten it besides a vague plotline.

But... just because I don't read McCarthy doesn't mean I don't read other things.
>>
>>7381604
Oh, well I just updated the page. Thanks.
>>
>>7381611
Honestly, I skimmed through the photo because I haven't even McCarthy's face in a really long time, so I assumed it was another guy and didn't read the filename. And, as I've said, I havent read anything by McCarthy (The Road I basically skimmed through to get a grade on an English project).
>>
>>7381604
I thought it was blood meridian.
>>
>>7381402

OP is making fun of McCarthy for being the over-rated (but still pretty good) dude he is
>>
>>7381402
Modern /lit/, everyone
>>
>>7381589
a) it's a joke you autist
b) book ideas are worth nothing, nothing happens if someone steals it, it's your execution that mattrs at all

>In the creative endeavors and common sense

"In my opinion as someone who has no fucking clue what he's talking about"
>>
>>7381648
I did think of that, but if this was OP's idea, it's pretty specific, so if two people submitted books based on the same exact idea, people would probably (i.e. not definitely, but there's a probable chance) tell.
>>
>>7381657
>OP's idea, it's pretty specific

he described ALL OF MCCARTHY'S BOOKS except for suttree

jesus christ...

>people would probably tell.

you're an imbecile
>>
>>7381604
I-it's no country.
>>
>>7381666

I think you're getting trolled
>>
>>7381624
It is BM. He said The Road only to continue the memeing like a true memester, my friend. You can call it the meta-meme, or simply Meme (notice the capitalization).

It bothers me that you don't know this already (paranoia of neo-/lit/ increasing, shaking of the head, claims of brotherhood and absolute honesty, etc.).
>>
>>7381666
Well, think about it. OP (hypothetically; I know this isn't his idea) would have to develop this idea a lot more and make it much more specific, maybe add more elements to the plot. What you get is something unique.

Actually. I see what you're saying now. Two (or more) people would add on their own ideas and thoughts to such a vague (it seemed specific at the time) idea. I was incorrect. Though... that doesn't make me an imbecile. There's a lot more to intelligence than a fucking 4chan post.
>>
>>7381677
Wasn't trolling. Just someone who didn't think things through completely before posting (and didn't pay attention to the photo).
>>
>>7381700
You don't have to keep posting to justify your error. Save your dignity and just ignore this thread. You're anonymous. No one will know it's you when you post in another thread.
>>
>>7381705
I know, but it's important to clear this up. There's no 'dignity' to be saved... it's a small error.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.