[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to attempt a total disengagement from all non-literary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Smug Wilde.jpg (264 KB, 840x840) Image search: [Google]
Smug Wilde.jpg
264 KB, 840x840
I want to attempt a total disengagement from all non-literary media, any tips for how to go about this?
>>
Get off 4chan
>>
what do you mean how?

sell your tv, stop going to the movies, stop listening to music and avoid art galleries and museums.
>>
>>7380539
But this is the literary board of 4chan
>>
>>7380541
>stop listening to music and avoid art galleries and museums.

Hmm not sure about these, I meant literary in a wide sense, like media with artistic and intellectual worth, music is a sort of grey area in that.
>>
>how can I be more out-of-touch than I already am?
>>
File: Wiseau.jpg (36 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Wiseau.jpg
36 KB, 640x640
>>7380546
>there is a definition of literature that refers to 'any media with artistic worth'
>a painting can be literature
>>
>>7380546
then kill yourself because that is an unbearably obnoxious way to live
>>
>>7380557
I figure if I'm already desperately out of touch it would be better to go the full hog
>>
>>7380535
Ask >>>/adv/ or >>>/r9k/. This is not /lit/ and your thread has no discernible value. Leave.
>>
>>7380570
Why would it be obnoxious, all I'd be doing is seeking a lifestyle I think would feel most fulfilling to me while being more productive.
>>
>>7380544
Don't sell yourself short, lad.
>>
>>7380535
Cut the power to your place of residence.
Or, unless you're good at not breaking some self imposed rules, cancel internet, watch no tv, or listen to any music.
If you can't see yourself reading by candle light and you have an electric stove, you're just going to have to manage this feat of willpower.
>>
File: 1408987167703.jpg (277 KB, 1180x1204) Image search: [Google]
1408987167703.jpg
277 KB, 1180x1204
>>7380535
If you mean that you want to stop wasting your time watching TV series, Imdb tier movies and moronic video games, then you shouldn't.
Do whatever you like.
Once you have sharpened your taste and views you won't be craving for those entertainments that you consider vacuous and filthy because of your smugness (which is a preposterous costume for your plebness that actually enhances it instead of hiding it).

"Hey guise, what can I do to stop losing my time with Star Wars, I want to be a big boy and tell all the walking pussies on campus that I like Ulysses, unlike the dumb chads they we're fucking last weekend".

This is not a competition. And forcing yourself into things you don't enjoy won't make you smarter per se. Don't be like those dicks who talk about books they haven't read or didn't manage to understand. Reading "the big classic books" will not make your existence any more meaningful. Don't force it. Don't pretend. Everything that has to come will eventually come.
>>
File: E3r6vSE.jpg (2 MB, 1820x4348) Image search: [Google]
E3r6vSE.jpg
2 MB, 1820x4348
commit to this list
>>
exit social media and you're ahead of most people
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.