[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what I don't understand with a lot of misanthropes is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1418080030023.jpg (97 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
1418080030023.jpg
97 KB, 570x855
what I don't understand with a lot of misanthropes is that they seem to put themselves at a level above all others
surely true misanthropy should include hatred of one self
>>
What's it called when you don't exactly hate any other human, but more just hate yourself over all others?
>>
>>7377666
pretty sure thats just good old self loathing
>>
>>7377656
“Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappointed idealist.”
>>
>>7377656
I guess they could hate themselves equally but why bother? just to impress people you hate by the egalitarianism of your hatred? fuck it.
>>
>>7377696
I understand and to a degree agree with this quote but I don't see how it relates to the OP
>>
>>7377697
>I guess they could hate themselves equally but why bother?
what I mean is: how can you say you hate humanity and not hate yourself?
>>
And I am sure you will find most do hate themselves.
>>
>>7377750
But do they admit to it in the same way as they "admit" to hating their fellow man?
It seems to me the modern misanthropy is hatred of other humans and not hatred of humans as a whole, obviously including one self
>>
>>7377656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7qdowoemo
>>
File: Amelie1.png (274 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
Amelie1.png
274 KB, 500x733
>>7377760
Mah nigga.

I loathe love sluts. "I love you, just like I love everyone and everything! Teehee~ <3"
>>
File: 1428518147273.jpg (28 KB, 417x288) Image search: [Google]
1428518147273.jpg
28 KB, 417x288
>>7377656
>tfw love all of humanity despite constant disappointments yet loathe myself
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.