[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Bible book is the best one to read? I think Leviticus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: esvstudybible.jpg (19 KB, 349x500) Image search: [Google]
esvstudybible.jpg
19 KB, 349x500
Which Bible book is the best one to read?

I think Leviticus because it tells you how to be a civilized member of society.
>>
>>7373709
Job, because it teaches you to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>7373709
The gOD Delusion.
>>
Ecclesiastes. Greatest collection of wisdom in all the Bible tbqh.
>>
There is such a variety that one might conceive of a metric by which each particular book is "best to read."

In any case Matthew, Ecclesiastes and Job are timeless, readable classics.
>>
>>7373709
Judges is fun if you like comic books.
>>
>>7373734
+1
>>
I heard people praising Ecclesiastes.

Still haven't read the bible myself though, I want to buy the annotated Oxford edition, but it's 20 shekels and I don't got no money and a ton of books I have bought and not read.
>>
Yeah if you lay with a bleeding woman, you should definitely be put to death.

Leviticus foeva
>>
The whole thing. cover to cover of course
>>
>>7373796
>Actually defending fucking women while they're on their periods
Repent.
>>
>>7373814

More like rePenthouse, amirite?
>>
File: 1247615480539.jpg (21 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1247615480539.jpg
21 KB, 407x405
>>7373837
More like Milhouse, am I right?
>>
>>7373847
Hahahaha, great picture! You mind if I save it?
>>
>>7373859
>You mind if I save it?
Yes.
>>
File: 1448063536723.jpg (33 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
1448063536723.jpg
33 KB, 407x405
>>7373862
Too bad, I'm saving it anyways.
>>
>>7373796
>Yeah if you lay with a bleeding woman, you should definitely be put to death.
It's in the book.

The only way that we can restore the spirit of the West is by a return to Christianity as a reaction against feminism, Islam, and Leftism in general. Why are you so against Christianity?
>>
>>7373884

The spirit of the west?

No thanks. Place me on your do not call list. Unsubscribe, thanks.
>>
>>7373884
He thinks he'll get laid if he mindlessly agrees with everything the girls of today say and mocks any other opinion without reason. It's pathetic, thirsty excuses for men like this that have led to our current state of affairs.
>>
1 corinthians
ephesians
genesis
matthew
>>
>>7373915
This doesn't always work. Reminder to say "Take me off your list" always!
>>
Genesis
Numbers
Ecclesiastes
1 Corinthians
Romans

All in KJV
>>
>>7374307
>translation
>>
Ecclesiastes is an interesting book because it was written by King Solomon after he had given in to debauchery, had many wives and was a very worldly man. It's a sobering account of a depressed man reflecting on his life and how the things he valued and sought refuge in were, in his eyes, 'meaningless.'
>>
Revelation
>>
>>7373796
>thinking he knows better than god
>>
Proverbs was written by a man who God himself called the wisest person to ever live, and ever will be.
>>
If you have to be told on how to be a civilized person, what does that indicate about you personally?
>>
>I think Leviticus because it tells you how to be a civilized member of society.
>Implying we ought to be good for society.
Replies guaranteed.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.