[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 9327068912775.jpg (112 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
9327068912775.jpg
112 KB, 1060x404
How the fuck do I git gud?
>>
>>7372279
drugs, depression; really any mental malaise or heavy perspective shift/widening experience
>>
>>7372288
Do I have to just write when I'm drunk?
>>
>>7372290
No. You have to write while you're drunk and sad.
>>
>>7372290
Yea that'll work. everyone thinks the whole drinking making the writer good thing is a meme, but it's based in truth actually.
>>
>>7372301
Fuck this bullshit
>>
>>7372304
>he wasn't willing to sacrifice for his art

you weren't ready desu.
>>
>>7372310
Your ass is ready for my dick tho, fuccboi
>>
>>7372279
Read good writing and analyze it. This allows bits of it to enter your working memory, which allows you to synthesize your own writing from it. Read a lot so you always have some in your working memory. The process of writing will eventually enter your implicit memory, which makes future writing easier and more natural.
>>
>>7372279
You gotta read, read and read some more. After, you gotta write, read what you wrote, consider it shit and rewrite it. Rinse and repeat 'till you're satisfied, but mark my words, its gonna take a long fuckin' time
>>
>>7372577
It's already been six years for me man

It's been six years
>>
>>7372634
So how old are you?
>>
>>7372577
You got the ratio wrong, anon. Writing is much more important than reading. The latter is just there to learn how to distinct good/bad writing, basically calibrating your brain.
>>
>>7372279
>read a lot
>write a lot
>throw all the shit you wrote into the trash
>write a lot more
>read a lot more
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.