[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finding new series to start >go to goodreads to check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1364525986986.png (306 KB, 615x456) Image search: [Google]
1364525986986.png
306 KB, 615x456
>finding new series to start
>go to goodreads to check reviews
>check a 1* review's profile
>check ratings
>catcher in the rye 5*, hunger games 5*, crime and punishment 2*, twilight 4*

why do these people think their opinion is worth anything?
>>
>>7370845

Everyone's opinion is equal because it's all based on personal tastes.
>>
>>7370849
Some peoples' opinions are more equal than others.
>>
It isn't. Everything is worth nothing.
>>
>>7370845
These kids get pampered and praised by the people in their lives for following the status quo. They should be shot.
>>
>dissing salinger out of reflexive high school revulsion

pleb detected
>>
File: 1447778510101.png (177 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
1447778510101.png
177 KB, 333x476
>>7370845
>reading a serie
>going to goodreads
what did you expect, turbopleb.
>>
>>7371216
>thinking Catcher in the Rye is anything more than angsty circlejerk for other angsty retards

You are the one who is the pleb.
>>
>>7371280
This is such a superficial reading that you make the girl who wrote the Murakami tumblr post in that other thread look intelligent.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 319x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 319x750
>>7371280
—? It's literally on par w Lolita :') It'll make sense when you re read it in 10 years :')
>>
>>7371280
>i was forced to read one salinger when i was 10 and didn't like it :(

yawn i bet you still need shakespeare "translated" on the opposite page. read a book some day.
>>
>>7371285
>>7371290
>>7371295
>waahh someone isn't and never was a lonely angst-ridden teenager who did things he hated solely for the purpose of feeling superior to the people who did enjoy those things

Salinger is a plague upon an entire generation of faggots who read his trash during their formative years.
>>
>>7371304
>implying i went to a filthy american school
>implying you any other salinger
>implying you aren't retarded

10/10 got b8ed
>>
>>7371304
So your hatred of Salinger stems from his fans?

Let me guess, you think Hemingway, Steinbeck, and Vonnegut are all worthless shit as well, right?

You're one of those dilettantes who attempts to make themselves seem intelligent and well-read to others by deriding easily-readable, entry-level authors you have not read or superficially read.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 719x557) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 719x557
>>7371304
I agree w that tb honest. Still an amazing, timeless masterpiece.
>>
>>7370851

Nice man. Nice.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.