[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pussy or prose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9
File: awkard-first-date.jpg (47 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
awkard-first-date.jpg
47 KB, 600x418
Just got back from first date in 4 years. She was cute and comfy to talk to but all I could think about was getting back home to keep reading Siddhartha.

(Why) Are girls better than books?
>>
>>7370488
Prose before hoes.
>>
>prose
>>
>get a hooker
>continue reading
>>
>>7370491
>>7370493

I know but why? Why do people have relationships.I know this sounds autistic as shit but aside from a vagina and boobs, what good is a gf?
>>
>>7370525
House work
>>
>>7370525
>aside from a vagina and boobs, what good is a gf?
That's it,really. C u c k s on 4chan grow up believing a fairytale fantasy of women and relationships, when really there is no actual point beyond tits and ass.

We only have a few decades on this planet, spend them wisely and for yourself, don't waste it appeasing random whores that you trick yourself into 'loving'.
>>
>>7370550
C H V R C H

Do what thou will
>>
Love between two people is the highest thing one can aspire to.

"Take away love and our earth is a tomb." - Robert Browning
>>
>>7370488
Books don't cuddle you. But then again, neither do girls
>>
File: 1446301876157.jpg (24 KB, 568x346) Image search: [Google]
1446301876157.jpg
24 KB, 568x346
>>7370525
>but why?
To compensate for their total lack of personality, intellect and creativity. Most people are utter plebeians, that's why they need a gf to give their life "meaning".
>>
>>7370582
Maybe in the past, but hypergamous first world western women aren't really prime wife material tbqh.
>>
>>7370550
You must lead a very sad existence
>>
>>7370594
No, I feel pretty fulfilled. I don't see what's so sad about living for yourself and not needing to conform to others?

Perhaps it is you who is leading the sad existence?
>>
>tfw both

books are meant to enrich life, which girls are a part of
>>
File: 1447301211541.jpg (18 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1447301211541.jpg
18 KB, 320x320
>>7370582
>Love between two people is the highest thing one can aspire to.
The words of an under achiever with weak aspirations. People who are too incapable to create something of value for future generations simply shit out a few kids to pass on their pathetic lack of a legacy.

Love is a spook
>>
>>7370594
Projection much? Depending on others for your own happiness, now that's pretty sad.
>>
>>7370593
There are plenty of more traditional Christian women who reject the values of the so-called progressive women. A friend of mine met one at his church and wound up marrying her not too long ago. She's prime wife material tbqh. I envy him a little.
>>
File: yes-all-women.png (153 KB, 881x293) Image search: [Google]
yes-all-women.png
153 KB, 881x293
>>7370606
>>
>>7370602
That love is what gives men the drive and energy to create beautiful things for the future generations.
>>
>>7370525
Aside from sex there's also the pleasure of listening to a woman's voice, of looking into her eyes, of seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, smelling her, feeling her softness and her warmth and her breathing etc. etc.

And aside from "superficial" physical reasons like that, there's also the pleasure of playing around (tickling and so on -- the kind of playing around that you wouldn't do with another man), of feeling attractive and appreciated, of giving and receiving comfort and encouragement etc. and of course the pleasure of being in love itself.
>>
>>7370600
>I don't see what's so sad about living for yourself and not needing to conform to others?

I don't have any quarrel with that. What is so sad is the fear of human relationships. You sound very broken.

>>7370605
>Depending on others for your own happiness, now that's pretty sad.

I can quibble with your phrasing, but humanity is a social animal. Life without anyone to share it with is worthless.
>>
File: 1433376470977.jpg (116 KB, 530x742) Image search: [Google]
1433376470977.jpg
116 KB, 530x742
The more r9k you get the more embarrassing you get. This applies to all of you equally.

Cut this goofy MRA tier shit out you fucking losers.
>>
>>7370488

girls that like books are pretty great. I fell in love with my girlfriend because she corrected my ass when I was rambling on about Dostoyevski's Gambler.
>>
>>7370525
when you find the right one it is great. I'm a sperg and reformed robot, so my gf is my best and one of my only friends. we don't even fuck too much, because we both work and I'm attending uni, so we're usually pretty tired, but I love talking with her about whatever is going on in the world, what books we're reading, etc. I would probably have a lot more meltdowns than I do if I didn't have her as waifu.
>>
>>7370571
Calm down there, Crowley
>>
>>7370602
So says the kissless virgin

Also, if you're unaware that spooks are fine to abide by so long ad you want to, then you know nothing about Stirner and are a huge poser retard.
>>
>>7370643
Lucky. I'd like a relationship where sex isn't important, and where conversation and companionship come first. I remember reading before that Gore Vidal attributed the success of his relationship to its being entirely nonsexual (but still, as I understand it, romantic).
>>
>>7370630
>What is so sad is the fear of human relationships. You sound very broken.
It's not so much a fear, it's more like discarding superfluous things. Life is a series of distractions until death, these distractions need to be as pleasurable as they can so something that is obviously a waste of time and effort isn't really worth it, especially in this age of hypergamy.

How did you get his 'broken' impression? I'm curious.
>>
>>7370643
>>7370664
Yeah I agree that sex isn't the best thing in a relationship. It's the ability to deburden your ego and exist in unity with another.
>>
File: this is literally you.jpg (124 KB, 724x402) Image search: [Google]
this is literally you.jpg
124 KB, 724x402
>>7370550

>life philosophy boils down to "yolo"
>posting the kekold meme
>living a delusion
>>
>>7370600

there's nothing sad about living for yourself.

what is very sad is looking down on others because they don't, making up words to feel better about yourself.

it's more pathetic than sad to be honest.
>>
>>7370667
>How did you get his 'broken' impression? I'm curious.

You are afraid of getting close to another human because you believe that they will never love you.
>>
>>7370680
>getting this defensive over a simple opinion

honestly, is this what always happens when your worldview gets challenged?
>>
File: tennyson.jpg (32 KB, 386x450) Image search: [Google]
tennyson.jpg
32 KB, 386x450
I envy not in any moods
The captive void of noble rage,
The linnet born within the cage,
That never knew the summer woods;

In envy not the beast that takes
His license in the field of time,
Unfetter'd by the sense of crime,
To whom a conscience never wakes;

Nor, what may count itself as blest,
The heart that never plighted troth
But stagnates in the weeds of sloth:
Nor any want-begotten rest.

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'T is better to have loved and lost
than never to have loved at all.
>>
>>7370602

>doesn't understand stirner
>uses the word pleb unironically
>big aspirations of inspiring future generations
>yet hasn't done anything with his life

/lit/ in a nutshell
>>
>>7370619
>there's also the pleasure of playing around (tickling and so on -- the kind of playing around that you wouldn't do with another man), of feeling attractive and appreciated, of giving and receiving comfort and encouragement etc. and of course the pleasure of being in love itself.

This got old in a month for me.

>>7370488
There is no point unless you wish to procreate, in which case I would advise turning a girl as opposed to a woman as at least you will have aesthetic benefit of being with a pure female as opposed to one defiled by trying to live as more than a mere vessel for man to reproduce. I just got out of a relationship with a woman and her, in tandem with others I have known, have led me to believe that reason simply cannot be adhered to by them as it can by the male. This leads to nothing save for insecurities that threaten to impose on the liberty of man which is fine for those who do not know what to do with liberty anyway. Unless your aim is to lose your freedom or to reproduce, I suggest sticking with books.
>>
File: 1390941890443.gif (2 MB, 308x314) Image search: [Google]
1390941890443.gif
2 MB, 308x314
>>7370698

>getting this defensive
>is literally getting attacked
>implying you're challenging anyone on any level
>>
>>7370691
no human ever "loves" another human, not even in a non-romantic way. It's all about exploitation and emotional dependence. We are born alone and we die alone.
>>
>>7370719
And that's why I said you sounded sad and broken. You need a hug anon :3
>>
File: tumblr_nx100tZXAu1u665aio1_500.png (102 KB, 434x226) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx100tZXAu1u665aio1_500.png
102 KB, 434x226
>>7370602
>>7370525
>>7370550
Are you (guys) by any chance intelligent, nihilistic, and have a wicked sense of humor?
>>
>>7370717
>is literally getting attacked
really? all >>7370680 seems like is, is a way to reinforce your worldview because you feel it threatened by pretending that I live in a 'delusion'.

That's literally being defensive.
>>
>>7370729

every post by every 4chan user is reinforcing his own views. do you have a severe case of retardation?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.