[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /lit/. I'm not that much of a reader and I hardly ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
hey /lit/.

I'm not that much of a reader and I hardly ever post here, but anyway. I think I might be really interested in anarchism, so I'd like to read some stuff by Kropotkin or Bakunin, but I'm afraid most of their stuff is really hateful towards religion and spirituality in general... So I'm looking for anarchist stuff which does not put spirituality aside.

So, what about it? Am I wrong? Is there any "entry-level anarchism" out there?
>>
If you want Christian anarchy, Tolstoi
>>
>I think I might be interested in anarchism
You and every fifteen year old out there
>>
Classical anarchism: Proudhon, Bakunin, Stirner, Kropotkin, Tolstoi
Post-anarchism: David Graeber, Todd May, Saul Newman.
>>
>>7366531
oh thanks, that might be my thing
any book in particular? I don't tink I'm up for War & Peace

>>7366540
yeah I know, I was expecting that answer really
>>
>>7366543
thanks a lot. I'm french so I may like Proudhon.
>>
>>7366544
No, not War and Peace. You're looking for The Kingdom of God is Within You, and, A Letter to a Hindu. The second one inspired Gandhi and the two men corresponded over nonviolent resistance til Tolstoi's death. They're both much shorter than War and Peace.
>>
>>7366553
>The Kingdom of God is Within You
that might be exactly what I'm looking for. thanks a lot, you might change my relation towards politics in general!
>>
>>7366548
Alors, lisez Fourier.
>>
>>7366593
je sais que c'est toi, mon cheri trip écart: dis "lis" pas "lisez", mais ce serait bon à lire quand même
>>
File: debt-new-cover.jpg (54 KB, 644x960) Image search: [Google]
debt-new-cover.jpg
54 KB, 644x960
I would start with pic related. Graeber is incredibly fun to read and provides an anarchist perspective that isn't dismissive of religion (though there is some interesting critical stuff about how Christianity and The Lord's Prayer frame the idea of debt)

The Kingdom of God is Within You is not a bad suggestion either
>>
>>7366804
Reading this right now. I'd also recommend it.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.