[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some comfy, easy-to-digest books I could read during winter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 6804473-nostalgic-pictures.jpg (403 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
6804473-nostalgic-pictures.jpg
403 KB, 1280x800
What are some comfy, easy-to-digest books I could read during winter?
>>
Saramago. The elephant one is the comfier.
>>
man Calvino for certain
cosmicomics and baron in the trees and nonexistent knight and cloven viscount especially.
the EPITOME of comfy

they're like literary children's fables you feel you've already heard long ago. some real sense of faux nostalgia, innocence and magic.

feels like being 12 years old again sitting by the fireplace midwinter while dad gives you impromptu art history lessons and you listen to records and look at paintings in his hardcover books
>>
File: dragonflight.jpg (95 KB, 636x955) Image search: [Google]
dragonflight.jpg
95 KB, 636x955
Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. The whole thing. All of it.
>>
>>7365176

Are you a grill by any chance. Just curious.
>>
>>7365180
Yes. Why?
>>
>>7365090

The Hobbit if you haven't already
>>
>>7365152
This
>>
Mademoiselle de Maupin
>>
>>7365090
Agatha Christie.
>>
>>7365184
I'M A GIRL BTW PS DONT HIT ON ME SILLY BOYS TEEHEE XD ! X O XO O
>>
Dickens is pretty comfy
>>
>>7365152
Calvino is so fucking comfy.
>>
>>7365379
I answered a direct question.
>>
>>7365462
R u a Qtpa2t?
>>
>>7365451
>>7365457
These and:
Winesburg, Ohio
>>
>>7365090
"Snow Country" by Yasunari Kawabata, comfy-tier.
>>
>>7365090

Any of these by Steinbeck:
Travels With Charley
Tortilla Flat
Cannery Row
Sweet Thursday

I also think the Count of Monte Cristo is pretty damn comfy.
>>
>>7365152
that sounds comfy as fuck, I'm going to hijack those recommendations for myself
>>
>>7365090
Master and Man, a short story by Tolstoy
>>
>>7365379
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7365090

Valmiki's Ramayana
>>
>>7365502
For me that was the side of comfy that slides into boredom real easily
>>
The Magic Mountain is comfy as hell. Comfy like a death bed when you don't mind going.
>>
>>7365744

The weird games Mann plays with time and length in this book gave me strange feels desu. But not as much as the Buddenbrooks, that one almost shattered me
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.