[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Read it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 181x278
Read it?
>>
It's pretty good, but the sequels get a little weird.
>>
>>7364678
is this like halo
>>
>>7364684
Same kinda idea, but a much larger scale. Both are Dyson rings. Niven cowrote another series about a Dyson hemisphere called bowl of heaven.
>>
>>7364683
i tend to think the sequels suffered from Too Many Characters Syndrome. like the Mote in God's Eye sequel did.
>>
>>7364732

Which is awful
>>
>>7356764
>>
>>7364908
Pie and Coffee
The sequels improved with a second reading
>>
>>7364732
Bowl of heaven? Thanks
>>
loved the scale of the alien world and the constant scheming and power struggles between the landing party. And 'speaker to animals' as a name for a diplomat
>>
Sequels to The Mote In God's Eye.
The Gripping Hand
Outies
They bear reading if one has read the Mote; it would be a loss not to do so
>>
>>7365909
i've read them six or seven times, and - wait, who the fuck is Warvia, and why should i care?

can we just cut to the point where they all eat Tree of Life and become Protectors already?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.