[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit I have been browsing awhile and read some of your recommended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: ZDZISA~1.jpg (31 KB, 400x329) Image search: [Google]
ZDZISA~1.jpg
31 KB, 400x329
Hi /lit

I have been browsing awhile and read some of your recommended books
-moby dick(amazing)
-lolita(very good)
-1984(average)
-a clockwork orange(shit)
-the picture of dorian gray(good)
-treasure island(very good)
-choke(good)
-the invisable man(good)
-ulysses(absolute utter shit)

However these are all just stories.
Im ready for something deeper.

I want something that goes deep into art and the philosophy behind it. What is art? How can it have such an effect on me? etc
also im not interested in the history of art, more the emotional effect it has on me and why.

What does /lit recomend?
>>
I want something that goes deep into art and the philosophy behind it. What is art? How can it have such an effect on me? etc
also im not interested in the history of art, more the emotional effect it has on me and why.

What does /lit recomend?
>>
>>7361746
>oh cool this guy seems to have decent ta-
>ulysses(absolute utter shit)
nevermind then :)
>>
I want something that goes deep into the pussy and the uterus behind it. What is the pussy? How can it have such an effect on me? etc
also im not interested in the history of the pussy, more the emotional effect it has on me and why.
>>
>>7361753
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>7361764

Hercules?
>>
File: 1443767595018.jpg (54 KB, 345x336) Image search: [Google]
1443767595018.jpg
54 KB, 345x336
>>7361746
>ulysses(absolute utter shit)
>Falling for this meme book
>>
>>7361762

the audacity of sluts, a /lit masterpiece

You should read
>>
File: 1398194247760.png (442 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1398194247760.png
442 KB, 600x450
>>7361777
Holy trips of truth.
>>
>>7361746
Try some Aesthetics textbooks.
>>
>>7361779
>>7361777
This is why I almost never browse 4chan anymore. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>7361746
>I want something that goes deep into art and the philosophy behind it. What is art? How can it have such an effect on me? etc

Aristotle - Poetics
>>7361764
>>
File: le troll face.png (25 KB, 791x355) Image search: [Google]
le troll face.png
25 KB, 791x355
>>7361850
>>
>>7361855
The syntopicon in The Great Books of the Western World has books based on subject. Art has it's own list with several books referenced. Your library, probably, has this book collection.
>>
File: 1440474450400.jpg (171 KB, 1500x1348) Image search: [Google]
1440474450400.jpg
171 KB, 1500x1348
>>7361746
>-ulysses(absolute utter shit)
This is why I never ask /lit/ for general book recommendations. OP, give Joyce an another chance in a few years.
>>
>>7361919

Is it bad i'm having a hard time getting into portrait of a young man as an artist? It's not bad by any means just all jumbled up and all over the place.
>>
>>7361746
Simulacra and Simulation

>tfw I'm posturing and haven't actually read it
>>
>>7361860
I'm getting too old for this shit.
>>
>>7361919
Finnegans Wake is shit. Nice troll pic though made me lol/10
>>
>>7361762

I want something that goes higher than the top of my class in the Navy Seals. What is Al-Quaeda? How can what you said have such an effect on me, you little bitch? etc also I'm not interested in the history of gorilla warfare, more the emotional effect it has on me and why, you little shit.

What does /lit recommend, kiddo?
>>
>>7361753
the recognitions
>>
>>7361920
i think thats the point though , seems more of a real person recalling the situations rather than being a third person observer clearly seeing everything happen when it does and why

have you read dubliners yet?
>>
>>7361746
Shit bait. No one is dumb enough to think that Ulysses isn't as deep as it gets.
>>
>>7361920
The language of Portrait reflects the age of the narrator. So when Dedalus is a child the language of the novel is childlike. Wait until he's in college, then your head will be spinning trying to keep up with his discussions of Aquinas.
>>
>>7361746
>I want something that goes deep into art and the philosophy behind it. What is art? How can it have such an effect on me? etc

ACTUAL RECOMMENDATION ALERT:

Aesthetics: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Art by Ann Sheppard

also read Ode to a Grecian Urn by Keats
>>
>>7361746
>gives a purley superficial opinion on incredibly well-regarded art
>Fails to see their nuanced meanings and philosophical preoccupations
>diminishes them by calling them "just stories"

You're a special kind of moron.
>>>/out/
>>
>>7361746 2edgy4me
>>
>-choke(good)
>-ulysses(absolute utter shit)

Shit troll.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.