[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your worst book summaries.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1447708859555.jpg (71 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1447708859555.jpg
71 KB, 480x640
Post your worst book summaries.
>>
>>7359979
What's that book called?
>>
Sounds pretty great, to be honest.
>>
Sounds like solid satire. Would read.
>>
found it

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9859360-phoenix-rising
>>
File: shortandpainless.png (16 KB, 683x92) Image search: [Google]
shortandpainless.png
16 KB, 683x92
>>7360532
>>7360550
>>7360583
I like this guy. doesn't beat around the bush.
>>
>>7360595
The Amazon reviews are hilarious
http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Rising-William-W-Johnstone/dp/0786023481
>>
>>7360615
I literally don't know what to think

It's satire in some way, correct?
>>
>>7360626
Unfortunately, horrendous literature isn't always satire
>>
>>7359979

Why the fuck would islamists ban oil production? They are nothing without oil.
>>
>>7360651
I think it's that President Ohmshidi (I'm Shitty xD) wants to make us completely dependent on foreign oil, specifically Middle Eastern oil.

It could also be making fun of environmentalists who would rather not drill for oil if it meant not hurting the environment. It could be both, but I doubt the author is smart enough to think of two things.

Oh god, I'm critically analyzing Phoenix Rising by William W Johnstone.
>>
File: outsiders_test_cover15.jpg (158 KB, 670x516) Image search: [Google]
outsiders_test_cover15.jpg
158 KB, 670x516
>>7359979
what is so worst about it?
if that is indeed a general summary of the contents of the book than what is wrong with the summary?

an actual thread about worst book summaries would contain summaries that are either misleading or do not reflect the actual content of the book, or is this a "the subject matter is stupid" thread

pic related for example, the back cover summary gives no details about the actual story besides once of the character's names

>>7360626
>>7360641

>is a work of fiction satire?
>>
>>7360583
>>7360615
Man I don't usually say this but the people that wrote those reviews are genuine tools.
>>
>>7360681
All you can do is laugh at the stupidity, man. We're in the Age of Mockery.
>>7360669
>I'm shitty
I can't believe I didn't realize that. This makes the book even sadder.
>>
>>7360677
>when there isn't a synopsis anywhere on the fucking book
>when there's reviews INSTEAD OF A SYNOPSIS
Im just LOL looks like I'm not buying your book, you cunt I hope you rot in hell
>>
>>7360677
most homoerotic book ever.

blatant cultural marxist propaganda created to turn white children into raging queers. thats why they make all middle school kids read it. /pol/ was right again stay woke everyone
>>
>>7360695
yeah my middle school had to read this piece of shit
most of the kids thought getting in fights and stealing were oh so cool afterwards

Hinton also has no idea oh a fucking courtroom works either
>>
>>7360583
Why does every single book on goodreads have a 4 star rating?
>>
>>7360772
The Reddit school of thought indoctrinates its followers with the belief that within every book is some semblance of beauty or knowledge and thus every book is literature and a form of art.
>>
>>7360772
Most people give ratings to books right after they finish reading them so all it takes is an ending that they liked to inflate the rating. And in general people tend to inflate the rating of the latest thing they read.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.