[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post the last book that you was '''''''''''''''''''''''''fun'''''''
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Friederich_Nietzsche.jpg (94 KB, 635x800) Image search: [Google]
Friederich_Nietzsche.jpg
94 KB, 635x800
Post the last book that you was '''''''''''''''''''''''''fun''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

TSZ for me. I'll be fucked if I understood it all, but it is well written, entertaining and humorous. Pretty decadent ay?
>>
that you *found
>>
>>7358689
>decadent
Yeah you definitely didn't understand anything
>>
File: nausea.jpg (49 KB, 336x500) Image search: [Google]
nausea.jpg
49 KB, 336x500
>>7358689
>fun
Pic related. I hate myself and existence makes me sick.
>>
Eye in the Pyramid from the Illuminatus trilogy.

Anyone have some good non-Pynchon conspiracy fiction to recommend once I finish the other two books? How does /lit/ feel about Umberto Eco?

I should also mention I've already read The Ghost Seer by Friedrich Schiller, The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad, and The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton.
>>
>>7358728
Eco's Foucault's Pendulum is amazing, go for it

Although Baudolino is even better, but that one has no conspiracy theory going on
>>
>>7358696
I think you misunderstood my post.
>>
I haven't experienced fun for at least 4 years.
>>
>>7358703

Try The Book of Disquiet by Pessoa. It's an existential crisis in pocket-format.

While I read Nausea with a distanced, intellectual interest, The Book of Disquiet made me sick to my soul at times.
>>
Currently reading Noted From Underground and it's pretty fun so far.
Sad in that I can relate to some parts though
>>
the big nowhere by James ellroy, super fun and lovely detective story

the black dahlia was also v good and I'm excited to read the other two LA quartet books
>>
File: thumbs.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.gif
1 MB, 320x240
The God Eaters. Native American Elliot Spencer and Daniel Jackson have gay romance and shoot people.
>>
>>7358728

Recently discovered Schiller's poetics, and loved it. How was The Ghost Seer? Would you recommend it?
>>
>>7358734
seconding. Foucault's Pendulum is the shit.
>>
Notes from Underground hit me like a brick two days after I've read it. At first I was very sympathetic to the anti-hero, I felt many of his words were very true. Then in part two you just start to realise how ironic and depressing this man really is. I felt Dostoyevsky was mocking me.

Great fkn book though
>>
>>7358728
gonna second the other anon, Foucault's Pendulum or The Name of the Rose are both super entertaining reads
>>
>>7358772
Thanks; it's already on my shelf waiting to be read! I found Nausea very relatable to be honest, surprisingly so.
>>
File: tooloudasolitude.jpg (730 KB, 1546x2347) Image search: [Google]
tooloudasolitude.jpg
730 KB, 1546x2347
this wasn't bad
probably would've been better if I wasn't high on vicodin when I read it
>>
File: TheShadowOfTheWind.jpg (17 KB, 216x330) Image search: [Google]
TheShadowOfTheWind.jpg
17 KB, 216x330
I might be confused about what OP actually means but I found this quite the fun read.

I enjoy very much the way he write, note that I read it translated in Italian, but it flows steadily and most of his expressions tend to leave an impression on me.

It reminds me of Dickens the way coincidences occur but after all the story would not be happening if the mistery died half way there due to impediments.

It made me wish, at times to be able to lodge a gun in my head and use it, at the mere thought that casual exchanges never follow the grace and timing one sees in novels, also to read about such
picturesque life is saddening, but these cries could be made about every other novel.

Still is a rather relaxing read.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.