[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books on immigrants or descendants of immigrants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1446230146113.png (121 KB, 1548x1468) Image search: [Google]
1446230146113.png
121 KB, 1548x1468
Are there any books on immigrants or descendants of immigrants returning back to their homeland?
>>
The Bible.
>>
>>7358329
Clever but looking for more recent. I'm fine with maybe 700s to now, preferably closer to now.
>>
are there any books about a kek getting his revenge? Besides Lolita that is
>>
A lot of South Asian literature deals with this topic.

Try Amitav Ghosh's The Shadow Lines or Arundhati Roy's The God of Small Things.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 510x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 510x426
>>7358314
Next year's newspapers.
>>
>>7358364
Thank you very much. If you have other suggestions or author names you want to give, I'd appreciate it as well.

>>7358373
This isn't a /pol/ thread. It's a genuine question.
>>
>>7358375
You tee'd that trump reference up too perfectly for nobody to swing at it.
>>
>>7358342

The Count of Monte Cristo, kind of.
>>
File: 517V61N78NL.jpg (33 KB, 311x475) Image search: [Google]
517V61N78NL.jpg
33 KB, 311x475
>>
>>7358314
man it still always gets me how often we (i) as humans skip over articles reading, i've seen this comic several times and only this time noticed the 'a' in the last panel

was much funnier without it actually
>>
>>7358364
I tried Indian authors but found them to be boring. Jhumpa Lahiri had clumsy prose and Arundhati Roy was just too prudish and Rushdie was plain boring.

Naipaul is the best bet and he's not even an Indian. Vikram Seth is also pretty decent. No clue about Arvind Adiga.

Is Amitav Ghosh any good ? Is he at least entertaining ?

Overall Indian lit gives me a 'meh' feeling and i am an Indian :/

Sorry for the digression. I have never seen Indian stuff being discussed here.
>>
>>7358314
The Hobbit?
>>
>>7358403
It's weird how that "a" reverses its meaning
>>
Tai Pei
>>
>>7358375
Learn to relax and take a joke
>>
>>7358314
No, because they never fucking do
>>
>>7359098
Really?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.