[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is all lovecraft this pants on head retarded? I'm only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0009.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Is all lovecraft this pants on head retarded?

I'm only 25 pages in and
>taken to the dark side of the Moon on a rowboat
>held captive
>before shit goes down an army of cats appear and kill all his captors
>he then talks to the cats and finds out the kitten he saved happens to have a grandfather cat that leads this army

I was fine until this cat shit. Also why does he name drop made up places all the time, it's not really world building when you just present odd location names and then move on.
>>
>complaining about the logic of a dream sequence
>>
>>7357046
He's a shitty writer with some creative ideas. He was the Stephen King of his day.
>>
>>7357053
It's not even the logic I have a problem with. It's just really fucking stupid and totally ruined the story for me
>>
File: lovecraft-and-a-cat.jpg (90 KB, 449x449) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft-and-a-cat.jpg
90 KB, 449x449
>>7357046
>he doesn't love cats
Wow, get schooled, pleb

>“Throw a stick, and the servile dog wheezes and pants and stumbles to bring it to you. Do the same before a cat, and he will eye you with coolly polite and somewhat bored amusement. And just as inferior people prefer the inferior animal which scampers excitedly because someone else wants something, so do superior people respect the superior animal which lives its own life and knows that the puerile stick-throwings of alien bipeds are none of its business and beneath its notice. The dog barks and begs and tumbles to amuse you when you crack the whip. That pleases a meekness-loving peasant who relishes a stimulus to his self importance. The cat, on the other hand, charms you into playing for its benefit when it wishes to be amused; making you rush about the room with a paper on a string when it feels like exercise, but refusing all your attempts to make it play when it is not in the humour. That is personality and individuality and self-respect -- the calm mastery of a being whose life is its own and not yours -- and the superior person recognises and appreciates this because he too is a free soul whose position is assured, and whose only law is his own heritage and aesthetic sense.”
>>
>>7357183
Still a shit author
>>
What book should I start with if I want to get into hp lovecraft ?
>>
>>7357055
he didnt have creative ideas and King isn't shit
>>
>>7357401
start with the greeks.
>>
lit gets more shit every day holy fuck can redit tier faggots fuck off
>>
>>7357183

Wow, this actually changed my mind on dogs and cats.
>>
>>7357452
How is any of this reddit tier. What does that even mean you memer?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.