[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>build generation ship >wipe inhabitants minds of knowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 314x469) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 314x469
>build generation ship
>wipe inhabitants minds of knowledge of their home, and that they are on a generation ship
>why? I dunno because lol
>set course for hundreds of years
>arrive at chosen system
>nobody knows how to depart thanks to memory wipes
>nobody knows how to use the landing craft thanks to the memory wipes
>much of the generation ship is breaking down and nobody can repair it thanks to the memory wipes
>nobody knows how to make the landers work and have ignorantly used their circuitry as currancy thanks to memory wipes
>nobody knows how to return the landers thanks to the memory wipes, having ignorantly stripped them of usable parts when they arrived
>all grains are hybrids that are sterile imperilling the colonists
>they could bring no high technology on the landers quickly regressing them back to pre-industrial times
>oh and nobody checked out the system in advance cause if they had they would have known about the predatory inhabitants of another planet in the system that are capable of crossing to the colonised planet which the inhabitants have no means of defending against thanks to lack of technology

What was the plan of pas? Because this is ridiculous and on the verge of collapse
>>
>>7353884
that sounds awful
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>
You again? The only good part in this series is the first half of the first book.
>>
>>7354297
I've read this comment like 9 times already.
>>7353884
Considering Pas is the demiurge, yes, of course it didn't work. And also I'm not sure if they were wiped, seeing Urth it's safe to assume they never knew how.
>>
>>7354320
No they were wiped. The people who were in suspended animation could remember everything but Urth and high technology
Typhon existed a thousand years before botns, they had high technology - they built a gigantic generation ship and had sentient robots for it and all kinds of other fantastic technology of course they could wipe memories
>>
>>7354320
Pas was Typhon
>>
>>7355042
Yes and Typhon was the demiurge of the Whorl, obviously.
>>
>>7353884
Typhon was a jerk, pham
>>
>>7353884
The Gods weren't mind wiped though. The gods were supposed to lead them, but they were based on highly flawed mortals, so they were assholes.
>>
Was Maytera Marble from the old sun whorl?
>>
>>7355172
All the robots were obviously they couldn't build them on the generation ship no high technology
>>
>>7355131
Pas intended to inhabit a body on the new colony but that doesn't solve all the quandaries
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.