[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ I'm a huge sucker for the warhammer universe,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hey /lit/
I'm a huge sucker for the warhammer universe, especially chaos and the Empire.
Any good novels or anything else I could read? Would love a tale about a witch hunter coming to a small village, infested by a chaos cult or something like that.
Also, what do you think of the warhammer universe when it comes to fantasy universes?
>>
>>7338463
Pic unrelated btw.
>>
>>7338463
Reason I'm asking is because I don't want to read a novel if everyone says its shit. And I will more than likely have to pay for it, which would be a waste if it's written by a games workshop intern.
>>
Try asking in the sf/f thread as well
>>
Have you ever heard of Jack Vance? I'd recommend his Dying Earth series.
>>
>>7338463
It's a lot more fun to read about the universe on a wiki than to slog through novel of grimdark prose.

Ever read Sabriel? It's young adult fantasy novel about a "witch hunter" of sorts fighting against a chaos cult.
>>
>>7338630
>>7338601
Haven't heard about any of these..
But is it really true that the lore is only good in small amounts, and that the actual novels are shit?
But I'm googling both of your recommendations now, thanks.
>>7338591
Might post in there, just thought /lit/ would have many opinions about warhammer. Good and bad ones.
>>
>>7338669
I'm mostly a 40k fan and could recommend those and not fantasy, but yes. Most novels are absolute unreadable garbage. Lore is more often than not superior to novels.
>>
>>7338678
Oh well.. Guess I shouldn't expect a good small story about a witch hunter eradicating chaos in peasant villages.
>>
>>7338630
This sounds really good. Is it worth a read you reckon?

>>7338601
I'm a little more on the edge with this. Sounds a bit weird.
>>
>>7338465
I have been trying to remember who this artist was for MONTHS. You have no idea how much joy you have brought to me OP. Thank you.

I'm sorry that I can not help you search for your Warhammer books as I do not read pleb shit.
>>
>>7338776
I'm >>7338601

What's wrong with weird!

Listen: The world is only decades away from the extinguishing of the sun. Technology is so old it has passed into myth and only remains as an obscure form of magic, which is also waning. It's strange, brooding AND fantastical!

Gotta expand your horizons man.
>>
>>7338827
It does sound kinda awesome.
I don't know what to pick.. will probably be whatever they have at my library.

>>7338818
Glad I could help
>>
>>7338463
You're not a huge sucker, you're a huge cocksucker
>>>r/books
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.