[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Think of great idea for my final year Literature thesis >Google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1389444653720.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
1389444653720.gif
2 MB, 210x155
>Think of great idea for my final year Literature thesis
>Google it
>It's already been done by someone two years ago

Is there such thing as an original piece of critical analysis?
>>
wait until Hypersphere gets published, then put us on the map in English, instead of Portuguese like the spic who wrote about TLOTIAT.
>>
>>7335663
Yes
>>
Define "original."
>>
Yea... Duh... Wow humanities kids are stupid as fuck...
>>
Yes, but you usually have to have some familiarity with the existing critical terrain rather than just jumping on ideas that immediately jump out at you from reading the primary text.
>>
>>7335683
Define "define"
>>
>>7335683
New loser to filter. Wonderful.
>>
>>7335691
It was a joke about Wittgenstein, you utter pleb.
>>
>>7335683
I'll elaborate.

I had the idea to approach a particular work of fiction through the lens of a particular sub-school of political/artistic theorists. I googled the two and found just one thesis on a public database which had done the same. I and the other person might not draw the same conclusions, but we would be discussing the same primary issues which are overtly evident in both the fictional work, and the writing of that school of politics/aethetics.

What I thought original was the application of that political school's theory to that fictional work. Is that what makes a thesis original? or could I still save myself by combining the political thought and the fictional work together in a better way?
>>
>>7335694
I guess your passive understanding of Wittgenstein qualifies you to make misinformed jokes? And then say pleb and utter un-ironically. O boy.
>>
>>7335679
link?
>>
>>7335712
>passive understanding

I "understand" Wittgenstein perfectly well.

>misinformed

Where, in my two word post, did I show any semblance of misinformation?

>un-ironically

Clarity of discussion requires sincerity, not irony. I am and have been participating in the correct language-game. You, however, are not.
>>
>>7335690
define "define 'define' "
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.