[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So did this book change anyone else's life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 8844343[1].jpg (219 KB, 1160x684) Image search: [Google]
8844343[1].jpg
219 KB, 1160x684
So did this book change anyone else's life?
>>
https://youtu.be/Zs00RHaCkAo
>>
Yeah, it made the writer really rich
>>
>>7335137

Absolutely.

I was severely depressed and highly suicidal in college, but after catching an episode of Oprah on my mom's TV I knew I had to see this for myself.

In one months' time between buying the book and finishing the program, I got a GF, lost 140 lbs, joined the Masonic Brotherhood of Omaha, and won 400 dollars
>>
After I lost my legs in a car accident, this book helped me get back on my feet
>>
>>7335143
>joined the Masonic Brotherhood of Omaha
>in one month
I know that this is bait, but that still triggers me.
>>
My cat was diagnosed with feline leukemia, and after reading this book I got a new cat two weeks later
>>
>>7335149

Not even kidding. Power of positive thinking. If you apply yourself, you really can do anything..
>>
>>7335157
Pls stop. It takes months to become a full mason.
>>
>>7335161

Not if you do it right. When did they swear you in? I bet you actually did the community service like a yokel too, lol
>>
>>7335137

I had a friend who read it during a period of very heavy cannabis and psychedelic use, and he suffered a breakout of schizophrenia.

Not saying The Secret was the cause, but it spouts the exact kind of utterly insane reasoning that schizophrenics become prey to.

Basically mind poison if you're not equipped to take it for what it is - a charlatan's money-making piece of shit.
>>
File: max sees a spook.jpg (47 KB, 600x233) Image search: [Google]
max sees a spook.jpg
47 KB, 600x233
>positive thinking
>>
>>7335137

soulja boy's favourite book, incidentally.
>>
>>7335137
The woman who commissioned it talks like Danny from The Shining and says she is channeling an Atlantean war priest. Shit is messed
>>
>>7335137
not really
i assumed i was a gullible idiot before reading this
it just kinda confirmed that
>>
It is basically the worst advice you can give anyone.
>>
dint the author said something about the Tsunami in Indonesia that was cause by them for not thinking positive.
>>
>>7335137
if you're a credulous pleb
>>
desu, if you could be made to legit believe this, it'd probably make your life a happy one

>inb4 but le unauthentic, not aligned with reality

We all repress tonnes of shit all the time, to live 'in reality' is impossible. As long as we are all delusional, we may as well get the best out of it
>>
>>7335137
After i graduated highschool i went through a depressed/zero sense of direction teenage angst kinda phase. So mom insisted I watch the movie version of the secret (she had given me the book for my 16 birthday, never read it). I really didnt want to watch that crap, but mom was getting rather pissed at me for my perceived laziness and total lack and motivation. so I watched it.

doc began with a shitty assasins creed davinci code ripoff scene, about this guy looking for the eponymous secret in dusty libraries while being chased by the illuminati. much to my disappointment the rest of the movie was just a bunch of dudes with weird faces talking about the power of positive thinking or some shit. Probably turned my life around somehow, I'm currently studying business at a local B-tier uni
>>
I read the book 8 years ago and since then I've dedicated 15 minutes a day to thinking about her developing a scat fetish, and promoting it publicly.

She can either admit she craves to be covered in shit, or she can admit that the secret is bullshit. Up to her.
>>
The Secret is literally Oprahcore. Patricians read Prometheus Rising.
>>
worked for me first day I tried it, by just changing my mind from negative thoughts to positive thoughts every time I noticed it happening, or just by imagining cool situations or basically happy thoughts for a little bit it changed my whole attitude towards things while I went and did things subconsciously the rest of the day. like it set things into a certain mode or stuck me into a good feedback loop rather than chaotic or negative.
>>
File: qcKTe.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
qcKTe.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
>>7335790
>>
>>7335139
man, I loved Wrasslin when I was a lad. cant believe it's still going.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.