[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Italian /lit/ thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: pirandello.jpg (36 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
pirandello.jpg
36 KB, 700x500
I don't see enough Italian literature in here.

Who's your 10/10?

>pic absolute uncontroversial 10/10
>>
Best translation of The Decameron?
>>
>>7327815
If you don't mind the abominable book cover, Rebhorn's version is actually pretty good imo
>>
>>7327798
Of course a pleb would rate Pirandello a 10/10
>>
>>7327798
anyone here familiar with i Cannibali?
>>
>>7327925
Oh why is that? Because he won the Nobel prize?
>>
>>7327933
I only ever read a few excerpts out of "Gioventù cannibale". It's not my thing to be honest, but it was much covered by Italian mid-'90s media (mainly because of Ammaniti and Luttazzi), as it was perceived as some sort of unreliably prophetic exaggeration.

All claims that it was actually prophetic are dumb. I personally see it as an attempt to be outrageous (which in Italy, then as now, was never difficult).

Have you read more?
>>
>>7327957
i've only read the comic ranxerox, which i recommend, and even if i'm italian i was born in 96 so i never heard anyone talk about them
>>
la coscienza di zeno is the top of mondial lit FULLSTOP mannaggia la madonna
>>
I don't feel like giving marks, but I like Dino Buzati, Italo Calvino, Umberto Eco and Curzio Malaparte.
>>
I'm loving Tabucchi at the moment. RIP my G
>>
>>7328135
>mondial

Porcaccio diddio fatti imparato dell'inglese veloce che aqquà non si perdonano certe cose che mondial non lo dice neanche quello che alla reggina ci allaccia le scarpette

Ottimi gusti comunque
>>
>>7328145
I like Buzzati even better than Calvino to be honest. Both 10/10
>>
>>7328164
I like him better too, but I like Malaparte above all.
>>
>>7328170
Where should I start with Malaparte?
>>
>>7328176

Definitely start with Kaputt
>>
>>7328186
Awesome, thank you.

Do you know Mario Rigoni Stern? He also wrote about WW2.
>>
>>7328201
Nope, never heard of it.
>>
>>7328206
Try "The Sergeant in the Snow", probably his masterpiece. I think it's his only translated work, but definitely give it a go.
>>
>>7327798
Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
Il Gattopardo is one of my favorite books
>>
Anyone read Pratolini? A Boy From Florence and Familiar Chronicle were pretty good, especially the first
>>
>>7328218
Thanks I'll read it.
>>
>>7328246
Absolutely. Amazing novel. Bendicò (the dog) is one of my favourite animal characters in 20th century literature, and the way Tomasi di Lampedusa ends both the dog and the book is just blissful.
>>
>>7328282
indeed, made me feel like the end of The hunchback of Notre-Dame
the analogy whith the calming sea when Fabrizio dies gets me every time too
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.