[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Yukio Mishima book should I read first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: mishima.jpg (941 KB, 1988x3000) Image search: [Google]
mishima.jpg
941 KB, 1988x3000
Which Yukio Mishima book should I read first?
>>
quads and steel
>>
File: Wheeling-21.jpg (85 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Wheeling-21.jpg
85 KB, 1500x1000
Confessions of a quad
>>
the sound of quads
>>
must we have this thread everyday

https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7318984
>>
>>7327777
Temple of the Golden Quads.
>>
>>7327777
The Man Who Fell From Grace With The Quads
>>
>>
LE TRASH LE TRASH
>>
>>7327777

After the Banquad

/q
>>
>>7327777
Runaway quads
>>
>>7327777
Didn't we have this exact same thread yesterday?
>>
>>7327835
This is kind of bullshit.
>>
>>7327835
that's a shitty flow chart. you could've at least had it end with the reader committing Sudoku
>>
>>7328012
>>7328840
what would you recommend as a first, second and third list of what to read then?
>>
>>7327835
Ending with Decay of the Angel would make me throw down the book and never recommend him to anyone.
>>
>>7328851
Read either temple, sailor or confessions. It really doesn't matter, though you might want to try sailor because it's pretty short.
>>
>>7328851
>>7328858
Spring Snow & Runaway Horses are such a wonderful two books.
>>
why are people on this board unable to make minor decisions on their own
>>
Reading Temple of the golden pavilion as my first Mishima book in japanese atm and the vocabulary is fucking annoying. Are all his works like this?
>>
>>7328851
1st death in midsummer (short story collection) since it has a variety of mishima's themes and not just the teenage angsty shit.

you could use a variety of the stories to either send you off to the sound of waves...temple of the golden pavilion.. etc.
>>
>>7328870
Nothing wrong with book recommendations anon, its basically why I use this board.
>>
>>7328872
You're probably the only one in here who reads him in japanese bro
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.