[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GR > L49 > V > MD > ATD > IV > V > BE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1361230614231.jpg (22 KB, 425x449) Image search: [Google]
1361230614231.jpg
22 KB, 425x449
GR > L49 > V > MD > ATD > IV > V > BE
>>
Pynchon sucks

>le reclusive irony man
>>
MD should be higher
>>
>>7327248
It is as it should be, my opinion.
>>
>>7327237
Switch Vineland and ATD and I agree
>>
>>7327284
Really? Care to say anything on Vineland? I found it promising but thought it fell off terribly a few chapters in. I didn't get much out of it as a whole, but I'd sure love to if I could.
>>
MD > GR >> V. > ATD > BE >> IV >> 49 >> V
>>
MD > GR > ATD > V > IV > V. > 49
>>
>>7327237
What kind of harmonic progressions are these
>>
>>7327237
Shit list.
>>
V > MD > GR > 49 > BE > VL > IV > ATD

fite me irl
>>
>>7327237
Should I bother getting Bleeding Edge?
>>
OBJECTIVE RANKING
MD>GR>>ATD>V>>TCOL49>>BE>>>>IV
>>
is IV really that bad or is it just not as good as the others?

i haven't read any pinecone so where should i start or is there a guide??
>>
>>7327528
It's not as good as the others. I would start with The Crying of Lot 49 and move to V. afterwards.
>>
>>7327528

It's *le hipster glasses obviously the book with a film adaptation is his worst.

Start with TCoL49. If you like that, go V. Still not tired, go for GR. It's pretty random after that.
>>
>>7327528
It's mostly dialogue, and Pynchon shows off better in prose.

Start with L49 if you're new, V. if you know you're going to read the rest afterwards, or GR if you don't give a shit desu senpai
>>
>>7327538
>>7327537
>>7327533
L49 it is then, thanks f a m s
>>
>>7327578
You're welcome senpai.
>>
File: 1418756730005.jpg (28 KB, 282x362) Image search: [Google]
1418756730005.jpg
28 KB, 282x362
>mfw I keep hearing shit about BE
>mfw the concept of web 1.0 and 9/11 as main theme seems interesting to me
>>
How is Slow Learner
>>
>>7327528
I think it's one of Pynchon's worst but that said I still Looooooooved Inherent Vice. Among the most fun novels I've ever read.

I only really didn't get anything out of Bleeding Edge. Even Vineland is okay. I figure most Pynchon fans feel similar too in that most of the books they're ranking they probably enjoyed.

Inherent Vice isn't a literary masterpiece, but I've read it three times and find it both hilarious and engrossing. Really sucks you into the world with detail and sends you along on a rollicking lighter-than-air mystery trail.

It's maybe the most laid back of Pynchon's books, despite some darker undertones.
Lots of scenes where people are just eating or drinking coffee in the beach town. Super comfy book.

Though I still think Lot 49 is a better starting place
>>
>>7328745
you've made me want to buy the book right now lol, can't wait for the L49 to come now desu senpai
>>
>>7328802
Lot 49 is the better book in the long run. Enjoy it man.
>>
>>7327448
lol
>>
GR >\= MD > V. >\= ATD > V > 49 > IV > BE > SL
Feel free to agree.
>>
>>7331290
I actually agree
>>
V. > GR > M&D > ATD
>>
I'm enjoying the fuck out of Bleeding Edge.
>>
>>7327237
V > V
>>
>>7332219
V is clear and beautiful.
>>
yo i saw someone do that sign to someone in the street as he walked by, i figured it must be a homosexual mating signal or else just some dorkulous dweeb shit, as they seemed sort of "hood" but at the same time the kind of fags who watch anime and play video game consoles...like guys who dress in rappers clothes from ten years ago and have scruffy teenage moustaches, etc. i would call them bad wiggers but they were some kind of brown color
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.