[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt: the most insufferable professional writers you've ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: ls_bsh_20110314_sarah_640x480.jpg (213 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ls_bsh_20110314_sarah_640x480.jpg
213 KB, 640x480
Itt: the most insufferable professional writers you've ever had the misfortune of reading

Picture. Fucking. Related.

Insufferable cutesy nonsense.
>>
>>7327065
Who is this goblin?
>>
>>7327068
Sarah Vowell. She was a media darling for a while, she was on the daily show, bored to death and other shit.

She also did the worst shit possible during the golden era of This American Life then she started writing god-awful historical essays that started selling well to feminists and the tumblr crowd.
>>
File: 1309990-violet.jpg (9 KB, 320x294) Image search: [Google]
1309990-violet.jpg
9 KB, 320x294
I haven't read any of her books, but she's an entertaining interviewee. Pic related.
>>
How is pic related?
>>
>>7327082
and you read her because?

disregard if not opie
>>
>>7327092
>>7327084
Meant to reply to this
>>
>>7327092
She did the VA for that character, which always struck me as odd.
>>
where the fuck is her letterman interview
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
123 KB, 1920x1080
As a counterpoint to OP, I absolutely expected to Miranda July's debut novel -- cutesy persona, 'multimedia art,' unapologetic 5th wave feminism, the whole gamut.
'The First Bad Man' was really good, though. So I might have misjudged her ability, at least.

But still, that goddamn face -- she is a dead-eyed animal, a plastic Annie Clarke.
>>
>>7327867
*to hate.
>>
>>7327065
....I l-like cute things
>>
>>7327867
Looks like kimbra
>>
File: Miranda-July_picture250.jpg (31 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
Miranda-July_picture250.jpg
31 KB, 250x375
>>7327867

I want to have silent hour-long staring contests with Miranda July
>>
>>7327084
i wanted to fuck this when i was younger

still do i guess
>>
>>7327867
Her writing is totally inconsistent: a real mix of honest-to-God talent and sentimental, workshop-tier horseshit. If she refined her work, I bet she could be highly acclaimed.
>>
>>7328211
all her writing is consistently "sentimental", which isn't necessarily bad.
>>
ITT: getting mad about literally nobody
>>
Junot Diaz.

A mixture of try hard cool guy and ghetto speak, truly unreadable
>>
>>7327065
Huh, I didn't know that Tarantino had a sex change
>>
Joseph Campbell
>>
>>7328247
Sometimes the sentimentality is a wonderful component of her stories, yes [Something That Needs Nothing stands out, and The Moves]. In the flimsier works [The Shared Patio, Majesty], you get the sense it's a crutch supporting otherwise uninspired characters and crummy thematic elements.
>>
>>7327084
Ohh! Its THIS girl.
>>
She's awesome. OP is just a dickhead you'd never want to spend any time with.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.