[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Thomas Pynchon and His Cult"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: thomas-pynchon.jpg (85 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
thomas-pynchon.jpg
85 KB, 620x410
Here's a challenge: try watching this entire video.
Hard mode: Don't insult the asshat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2IwfWGs-Y
>>
Fuck you and your meme author
>>
>>7324370
Kill yourself
>>
File: Poonami.gif (374 KB, 460x491) Image search: [Google]
Poonami.gif
374 KB, 460x491
I was making this comparison between GR & SH5 while I was lying in bed this morning. GR is achingly beautiful throughout. My heart just came and came while I read it. SH5 has a great structure and some beautiful ideas but the book isn't a dense jungle of sweaty sexy lexical exuberance. I wish there was a combination of the two. Also: I like Slothrop/Mexico/Tchitcherine/etc. better than SH5's cast.
>>
>Gravity's Rainbow has no plot
>The arc...the parabola of U2 rockets
Just kill me desu senpai
>>
>>7324359
Is this satire?
>>
>>7324537
He's apparently legit.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Schneider_(writer)
>>
>>7324545
That's not Dirty Dan "Get in the Van" Schneider Inside-her of /tv/ fame, is it?

He should have loved the Bianca parts desu
>>
This guy is such a moron. Did he even finish it?
>>
>>7324581
No that's the guy who works at Nick.
>>7324686
I just don't understand how you can be that dumb and still be able to read a text like GR.
>>
oh my god did he just claim that pynchon has poor prose
what a fucking pleb
>>
most of his videos resort to "I'm so good and so ignored! my tastes are better than the establishment's!"
>>
File: crazy redi.jpg (319 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
crazy redi.jpg
319 KB, 683x1024
How is my Pinecone impersonation?
>>
File: 1428720073819.jpg (21 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1428720073819.jpg
21 KB, 598x369
>>7324359
lol
>there's no music to his writing

>tfw multiple foxtrot asides that are actual fucking songs
>>
File: Pynchon buff.jpg (57 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
Pynchon buff.jpg
57 KB, 280x400
>>7324904
spot on
>>
>>7324359
So, a writer who didn't like Gravity's Rainbow. Is this supposed to be raging or hilarious?
He just didn't like it. A lot of us happen to love it, or at least pretend to. Not a big deal. A different opinion.
Or are we supposed to hate Nabokov because he disliked Faulkner, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man or Thomas Mann?
We are no special snowflakes for being Papa Pinecone's most obnoxious fangirls.

By the way, when I finished GR I started a couple of threads here and nobody posted nothing but stale dank memes.
>le banana man
>it's all a nonsense ruse lol
May be we should stop spouting pretentious-Starbucks-flirting-lines and start reading more.
>>
>>7324359
>Slaughter House 5 is one of the greatest
>Vonnegut was Mark Twain of 20th cent

Well I certainly hadn't written him off for attacking Pynchon but he just gave his legitimacy the ol' Penn Jillette with that line
>>
>>7324359
Why are people with the name Dan Schneider so reprehensible?
>>
File: 1444518933609.png (102 KB, 451x330) Image search: [Google]
1444518933609.png
102 KB, 451x330
>>7324904
you're a qt imo
gimme dem digits
>>
>>7325172
sry, already have a literary qt3.14 who reads me Chimamanda short stories to me as I drift into that false death, that quasi-zero...that every whitening north, into and through the canvas itself until suddenly---again---consciousness.
>>
>>7324359
there is a youtube video of a kid finishing the last page of gravitys rainbow. literally just him sitting there reading
>>
>>7325015
Lotta strange things in your post. Anyways, this video is triggering for multiple reasons, the most obvious and shallow being that he is a nobody who is criticizing one of the most acclaimed authors in all of academia. However, what gets me is the fact that he makes very, very audacious claims and provides no evidence, like when he says that GR has no plot, which is factually wrong, or when he says Pynchon has bad prose (that really got me).
>>
>>7325214
Link it please?
>>
>>7325277
Never mind I found it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0x_5x_ZC5I

I thought it was going to be an actual kid and he'd be reading aloud.
>>
>>7325258
So, he is what we call a 'pleb', right? That's not very rage inducing. (I find more hilarious/nauseating the Goodreads threads, for instance, but may be it's a matter of taste)
Besides, I didn't watch the full video. His main points are the usual shallow criticism that "pretentious" writers often get, so it's quite obvious what's he going to say.

Also, what was so strange in my post? It's quite evident that English is not my mother tongue, but I don't think I expressed myself in a weird fashion.
>>
>>7325015
After I read The Ego and His Own, I tried posting about it and it became dissapointingly apparent that no one here had actually read it. What little responses my serious questions got were pure memery. Its sad but this board is a meme.
>>
>Pinecone doesn't develop his characters

Holy fuck what ignorance
>>
He's not making much of an effort to approach Pynchon on Pynchon's own terms, and this is really more of a review of MFA programs, but I did lol at "Hunger Games 7: The Fire God Sucks Ass."
>>
File: 1446441826972.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1446441826972.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>7325214
>>7325291
>>7325277
This is just a LP but for /lit/
>>
Keep shitting up this board with this 70s pomo author you all wank over, despite the obvious generational-cultural gap, for his epic "pyrotechnics" and dank pot smoking.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.