[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT= Overrated books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: JohnSteinbeck_TheGrapesOfWrath.jpg (64 KB, 371x574) Image search: [Google]
JohnSteinbeck_TheGrapesOfWrath.jpg
64 KB, 371x574
ITT= Overrated books
>>
ITT: Books that you were forced to read in High School
>>
>>7323998
>tfw no one forced me to read a book in high school
>>
>>7323996
Books you are still not old enough to get
>>
should be

ITT americans rush to the defence of their highly overrated """great""" american novels
>>
>>7324007
i didn't say "grapes of wrath is a bad book", but seriously it's overrated as fuck
>>
>>7323996
that is a flawless book. it sets out to do something and nails it.

of course above doesn't mean it's the best book ever but it's always a pleasure read
>>
File: the bible.jpg (1 MB, 2797x1865) Image search: [Google]
the bible.jpg
1 MB, 2797x1865
>>
>>7324020
I maintain what I said. And I'm far from being a fan of American Culture where I've never been and where I have no intention of going in the future. It is not a book for High-School kids, for example I doubt many kids gave any attention to the 5th chapter, where he talks about the banks, etc..
>>
>>7324046
Ok i'm a high school kid then
>>
This book was fucking trash
>>
>>7324096
Its good actually
>>
>>7324098
I disagree

It fucking beats you over the head with the religious themes and allusions

And it was boring desu senpai
>>
File: cover.jpg (36 KB, 387x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
36 KB, 387x600
>>7323996
Fuck off OP its a great book.
Though Noah leaving always seemed a bit random.

>pic related to the OP
>>
>>7324096
Hello /HighSchool/
>>
>>7323996
Overated = used in a lot of high schools?

It's a great book either way
>>
>>7323996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JR3FmvVAw

Fuck I love it
>>
>>7324024
There ya go.
>>
>>7324007
>must be the obly reason somebody can dislike a work of such obvious brilliance amiright senpai
fuck off retard, it's shit, stupid social justice, awful characters and prose and everything, fuk off
>>
>>7324350
>senpai
>stupid social justice
>Uses words he saw in manga

How do you expect to be taken seriously
>>
>>7324024
shots have been fired...
>>
>>7324375
>he doesn't know about the new filters

baka desu senpai
>>
>>7323996
this is a masterpiece
>>
>>7324096
>>7324104
I can appreciate why it's in a reading curriculum. But it really is the worst kind of Romanticism, verbose and one dimensional.
>>
just read it for the first time and I thought it was fantastic. Chapter 19 was my favorite.
>>
>>7324375
hi redit desu
>>
>>7323996
Any by Dostoevsky.
>>
>>7324204
You read the whole grapes of wrath in high school? Over here in australia, you'd struggle to get students to read a book over 200 pages in a non elected english class. Does every single student love reading in non elected english classes?
>>
>>7325938

Nah, I'm an English teacher. Most just read the wiki. Only /lit/ pretends it can read a 800 page book in two days and acts like it's been doing that since they were freshmen in high school
>>
>>7324024
kind of true insofar Protestants see the Scriptures as practically the paper incarnation of the Holy Spirit
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.